How hard could it be to not lock every topic of controversy?

• It seems like every single new topic with a drama is getting locked out.
    After several months of monotonous topics by newbies and myself, those are a breath of fresh air.
    Please stop locking those, like you are some kind of a warlord khan big-dick manhorn kahuna. At least, move them to Competitive Talk…

• It’s called moderator dick waving. They have the power and just can’t wait to use it.

They do let a topic keep going though if they feel it is in their favor.

• hehe what do you expect here objective ushers? They are a big wolf pack with some pet followers.
    What is a common theme is a player suggesting something for the developers ears and some moderator
    saying " I don’t like that idea or whatever line they use to shoot it down" They are actually game players just like us but forget that. Status creates power or it seems to.
    My suggestion would be a pole system for such posts. If the pole falls below a certain number in its favour then its locked.? or an appeal system to unlock such a posting by a panel of objective people.
    having said that. If its not game related and servers no purpose but to rant. Then throw away the key.

• @loin:

hehe what do you expect here objective ushers? They are a big wolf pack with some pet followers.
    What is a common theme is a player suggesting something for the developers ears and some moderator
    saying " I don’t like that idea or whatever line they use to shoot it down" They are actually game players just like us but forget that. Status creates power or it seems to.
    My suggestion would be a pole system for such posts. If the pole falls below a certain number in its favour then its locked.? or an appeal system to unlock such a posting by a panel of objective people.
    having said that. If its not game related and servers no purpose but to rant. Then throw away the key.

Well I think the reason for their wolf pack pet following, etc is basically…

Tibberius is in Vq, he just doesn’t wear the tags to avoid people claiming he is with them. He actually has stated this before on the forum, that he wouldn’t officially join Vq because it could upset some people to have a dev in that clan.

Though to my understanding, they often play together, using a voice chat application as well. Notice as well how many of the moderators are from their group of buddies. Kimiko and Slygoat are both Vq members.

Theres an obvious close association with the Vq clan and devs. You can even see in steam, that many have previous alias’ with Vq tags on if not currently using them.

Vq members and the leader of Vq gB told me that Tibberius is in Vq and that one of them is his brother. Doesn’t sound farfetched with how when you tell one of them something, they spread it between each other quickly.
    (That same time, they also told me I was a loser because I paid 50 dollars for the game in beta and they had all been playing it free for 2 years.)

Also in the last QA video, it sounds like Tibberius is having the questions read to him by a little brother.

This is normal behavior from a niche game community though, so I never expected anything else.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TibberiusBane

• All news to me thanks ~X~ hehe.
    being an olddog/gamer from UK my posting was based on my views as an outsider. with no prior knowledge of vq guilds and its players.
    It was just an something I noticed in this particular community.
    Kings don’t often rule kingdoms but the court of players around him. hehe
    having said that I just suggested a way for the community members to decide by pole, if a post should be locked. After all they should have some say in the community about locking posts etc?

• This clanwar, tournament drama should be filed under competitive play. Not general discussion…

• @StiffWood:

This clanwar, tournament drama should be filed under competitive play. Not general discussion…

This topic has nothing to do with clanwar or tournaments. There’s another topic seemingly related, so it seems more fitting that you post things pertaining to it in there.

Alternatively make a new topic where you discuss how you believe tournament and clanwar discussion should be in the Competitive Play section. You could even make it in that section.

• @~X~:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TibberiusBane

Just to add to what ~X~ was saying, just in case things are changed due to some light being shed on said things, here you go:

Note: Click on the image for a bigger version

• Does it really matter that Tibbs is in a clan? You want him to be a solo player and never experience competitive play? Give me a break.

• In this particular instance, I don’t see the harm in keeping the public informed. Any opinions they derive from that information is on them, however.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Does it really matter that Tibbs is in a clan? You want him to be a solo player and never experience competitive play? Give me a break.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I was just stating that in this particular instance, him being in Vq is the probable reason they have priority in this game when it comes to certain decisions and the way the forum is run among their group of friends.

Just clarifying that.

• You are allowed to complain, and make comments about the game. But I will not tolerate you guys calling others out. When you do that it turns into a flame war, and we don’t need that here. So go ahead, talk crap about the game. That’s fine! But leave your personal feuds for somewhere else.

• Oh. Nevermind, I misunderstood your initial post in this thread. I thought it was directly replying to someone but I now assume it’s specifically related to the topic of the thread. I thought you were saying someone was doing so in this thread.

• @~X~:

@ChuckingIt:

You are allowed to complain, and make comments about the game. But I will not tolerate you guys calling others out. When you do that it turns into a flame war, and we don’t need that here. So go ahead, talk crap about the game. That’s fine! But leave your personal feuds for somewhere else.

Who was having a personal fued? There was simply information posted and anything you derive from it is on you.

“I saw through this 25 year old’s masquerade and exposed the soft shell taco underneath. Undercooked stale beans without ability to comprehend most intelligent speech. This discovery occurred several weeks ago. Discuss.”

~X~

Really now?

• So Tibbs is one of the guys who made this game, but he isnt allowed to play? God, he hasnt even locked any topic. Tibbs has been part of the competitive community since AoC, he even lead his own clan and was one of the top players, and he has every right to do so.

Kimiko is openly Vq, never hid it from anyone. Still havent seen a topic locked by her. Sly is buddies with Vq but I havent seen him wearing the clan tag. When he shoots down ideas, he does it respectfully, and is usually helpful when providing data about the game.

The only topics Ive seen locked are topics that completely derailed and became pointless, or when the OP repeteadly disrespected anyone disagreeing with him. Hell, even the weekly “add ninjas/wizards/dragons/aliens” are never locked, even if the dev team will never take that direction with the game. What it seems to me is that some people think their ideas are awesome, Torn Banner has a blizzard sized studio and they are stupid for not implementing their genius suggestions.

• @ChuckingIt:

@~X~:

@ChuckingIt:

You are allowed to complain, and make comments about the game. But I will not tolerate you guys calling others out. When you do that it turns into a flame war, and we don’t need that here. So go ahead, talk crap about the game. That’s fine! But leave your personal feuds for somewhere else.

Who was having a personal fued? There was simply information posted and anything you derive from it is on you.

“I saw through this 25 year old’s masquerade and exposed the soft shell taco underneath. Undercooked stale beans without ability to comprehend most intelligent speech. This discovery occurred several weeks ago. Discuss.”

~X~

Really now?

Oh. Nevermind, I misunderstood your initial post in this thread. I thought it was directly replying to someone but I now assume it’s specifically related to the topic of the thread. I thought you were saying someone was doing so in this thread.

• @~X~:

@Slaughtervomit:

Does it really matter that Tibbs is in a clan? You want him to be a solo player and never experience competitive play? Give me a break.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I was just stating that in this particular instance, him being in Vq is the probable reason they have priority in this game when it comes to certain decisions and the way the forum is run among their group of friends.

Just clarifying that.

@~X~:

Vq have priority in this game when it comes to certain decisions

Can you give us an example of this happening?

• @~X~:

This is a completely different thread that has nothing to do with that thread. I try not to derail topics. It would be more suitable for me to reply to your last post in that topic than this one.

Well this thread is about not locking every topic, so I am just letting people know our reasoning. As long as personal attacks aren’t occurring, we don’t lock threads. That’s my point. You can argue on points, and disagree. But when a thread turns into or was created for attacking others. That is when it is locked. Simple guideline.

• I’ve enjoyed these topics. It’s always interesting when you see a group of men crying.