How hard could it be to not lock every topic of controversy?

• @JackBaldy:

@MedievalFantasy:

So basically what I gather from this is team JackBaldy is a bunch of whiners?

I suppose when you’re dealing with subjective rules blatant flames like these can go by unnoticed while moderators pretend to view and act objectively when it comes to moderating. This is what is called turning a blind eye, which is rather ironic considering the thread, the moderators posting in it, and the fact that the person in question flaming happens to be a member of Vq.

Like they say, talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words.

Look at X’s first post in this thread. We didn’t do anything there. Don’t point at a Vq post and forget we didn’t do anything to X’s post either. I guess when you are quoting, it’s easier to be bias.

• @ChuckingIt:

Look at X’s first post in this thread. We didn’t do anything there. Don’t point at a Vq post and forget we didn’t do anything to X’s post either.

Was that or was it not a flame? You change the subject in order to elude from the fact that a member of Vanquish blatantly flamed a group of people while receiving not even a single comment about it.

@ChuckingIt:

I guess when you are quoting, it’s easier to be bias.

I see that you’re letting your emotions get the better of you. This doesn’t help when one is to think logically, rationally, and objectively.

• My point, is everyone in this thread had a chance to air some feelings out. That’s why X’s rude comments and Vq’s childish comments were left in there. Otherwise I would have to have shut this thing down early, but I used it as a chance to let people understand how our thought process is. Now we have released this thread to Off Topic, because it served its purpose. Hopefully the bickering can end, and people can just play while respecting each other.

• @ChuckingIt:

My point, is everyone in this thread had a chance to air some feelings out. That’s why X’s rude comments and Vq’s childish comments were left in there. Otherwise I would have to have shut this thing down early, but I used it as a chance to let people understand how our thought process is. Now we have released this thread to Off Topic, because it served its purpose. Hopefully the bickering can end, and people can just play while respecting each other.

I wasn’t aware that the forum rules had shifted on the fly like that. I suppose as things progress more and more people will begin to have an understanding as to what subjective rules really mean and why rules aren’t enforced in a consistent manner.

At least we can both agree that Team JackBaldy was flamed by a member of Vanquish. Cheers. :Waves:

• Cease the childishness.

People have been baiting eachother back and forth throughout this topic and little “episode” that some people have going on.

Rather than again just immediately locking the topic, Mods have taken the time to step back and discuss what people were saying, as well as using the opportunity to re-iterate what’s not acceptable and explain ways of working. As this is currently ongoing, we’re not going to go back and retroactively apply action just to make a certain few (who were already involved in bickering) feel better. You should all be focusing on sorting yourselves out.

This is akin to one of those times where an adult would seperate naughty children that are busy finger pointing, and instead telling both to calm down, sort it out, and don’t do it in future. If they act up again, there would be consequences. (Yes this does apply to VQ members and anyone else, allogations of otherwise are silly.) I’d rather everyone learn from this and begin acting like adults. Believe it or not we don’t LIKE banning people or locking threads (unless they’re obvious spammers), but we’ll do it if have to.

Also interpretation of the forum rules by mods is subjective to a point, how can it not be with different interpretations of offensiveness / humour etc. It is a matter of judgement.

• @BobT36:

Cease the childishness.

Also interpretation of the forum rules by mods is subjective to a point, how can it not be with different interpretations of offensiveness / humour etc. It is a matter of judgement.

So where exactly are you seeing childishness? One would have to assume that it is directed at me but seeing as how you’re ambiguously making such a broad statement, I can’t be certain as to what exactly you are seeing that is childish.

In any case, yes - it is no secret that moderator rules are subjective - however, plenty of people do not see what implications that may have. Personally, I’m not to believe everything I read, especially when it’s done in what appears to be a moment of PR (Public relations).

I’m a very observant person and I’ll gladly go with what my observations, logical deductions, and experiences tell me. With that being said, I do not further wish to share these observations, logical deductions, or experiences as that would serve no purpose in this current environment. Have a good day. Cheers. :Waves:

• @Smellyhobo101:

While i agree that its been blown out of proportion, I dont think what happened was fair. They start making up rules and threatening to disqualify our team the day before we were supposed to fight them. Zero had his reasons for wanting to keep the tag, which he went over in much detail. Should X have told him to shove the prize money up his ass? Probably not, but he did deserve it. They pushed him, he pushed back and got disqualified over it. I feel like they set us up to get disqualified. Its a shame because we probably would have won too. Jack and jest are nearly unbeatable together. I guess its easier to disqualify your opponents than fight them.

That’s really unfortunate. For the future of the game, you need to have the best players fight each other - you can’t determine the state of the game without that. Things were improved and fixed quickly in the patch beta, because you had all the talent jammed into 1-2 servers.

Now the community won’t have the chance to see how the true metagame looks like. Who knows when we’ll have another “real” tournament?

• I got to jump in here before it is locked and or deleted. I being someone who is in full favor of the freedom of speech no matter how offensive has had many threads locked. Some were rage filled angst about all the failings of the game while others were heated debates with some flaming.

So Fn what? Big deal if a raging flame post thread goes viral it is more attention for the game. People will choose sides, rivalries and alliances will form and great in game battles will ensue. It seems retarded to close and lock threads because someone might be offended. Gees, sack up and grow a pair. Use you intelligence and language skills to put those in there place and let the people decide who has merit instead of locking a thread and do the thinking for people.

That said, Tibbs being tied to a very specific clan instead of a DEV clan has proven disastrous in the past because of the influence of one clan over the development of the Age of Chivalry Mod and the release of the CR2 patch that broke the mod, killed the community, all but two veteran clans left. Yes there were a few stragglers and a few minor new clans popped up. The single clan influenced updates to AOC, killed it. Kila clan warned back then about this and it fell on deaf ears as more and more of the game was nerfed or removed with each patch and update till they finally broke the mod. We were and have been shunned, flamed, ignored, and even had members banned from the old forums simply because we adamantly and openly disagreed with Development decisions that favored one clans opinion over all others. Not only that but of we were not invited to any of the Alpha or Beta testing nor did we get any invites to mod the forums or any input on the game development. Yet we were directly responsible for keeping AOC alive and growing for 3 years till this release.

It is clear that the same has happened here with Chivalry. One clan who has no problem stealing players from other clans…. how many former Kila players do you have now or from other clans? They clearly continue to have way too much influence in the development of the game. I have no problem with a Dev wanting to play at a competitive level with their own game but they should have created their own clan like they did in AOC with Dev-Blood Sacrifice clan, well till they got their ass handed to them time and time again with their own game by Kila, so bad that they nerfed 50% or more of the game, the maps, weapons and the tactics. Want to know more just ask me.

Many of you do not know the history to this game and there is lots too it. Lots of obviously hidden drama and behind the scenes deals and favors for wanted changes in the game. But they are there. So if you want to see a conflict of interest, it is staring you in the face.

• @BobT36:

Cease the childishness.

People have been baiting eachother back and forth throughout this topic and little “episode” that some people have going on.

Rather than again just immediately locking the topic, Mods have taken the time to step back and discuss what people were saying, as well as using the opportunity to re-iterate what’s not acceptable and explain ways of working.

Its about freaking time!

As this is currently ongoing, we’re not going to go back and retroactively apply action just to make a certain few (who were already involved in bickering) feel better. You should all be focusing on sorting yourselves out.

This is akin to one of those times where an adult would seperate naughty children that are busy finger pointing, and instead telling both to calm down, sort it out, and don’t do it in future. If they act up again, there would be consequences. (Yes this does apply to VQ members and anyone else, allogations of otherwise are silly.) I’d rather everyone learn from this and begin acting like adults. Believe it or not we don’t LIKE banning people or locking threads (unless they’re obvious spammers), but we’ll do it if have to.

This is one of the reasons why people are getting pissed at having their threads locked and being threatened of being banned because of condescending and insulting attitudes of players with opinions other than the dev nut swingers. It happened in AOC and history is repeating itself….

I totally support locking truly offensive language, racism and threats of this sort but locking them for frustrated rage about the failings of the game, a difference of opinion about game design or of the problems associated with all the freaking bugs is like saying. I have the power and if you dont agree… BOOM LOCKED… If you continue to not conform, BOOM, Banned.

• Threads are not locked simply because people have game design issues - it’s the baggage that comes along with them that causes it. Also, this feels like Worms all over again, where those that ‘kept the game alive’ for so many years got uppity that they weren’t calling the shots on how the next was made (to the minute detail).

@Retsnom:

Big deal if a raging flame post thread goes viral it is more attention for the game.

Yes, that’s really the sort of attention the game wants: Hey guys, buy this game and watch some grown adults (?) act like dicks.

• Well said Retsnom.
    This community actually reminds me of that film.
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, with its undercurrent of dictatorial rule.

What ever happened to Nurse Ratched. I heard a rumour she became a vanguard =p.
    As for the shock therapy its so obvious. What party is switching on the grid :)
    and the strength of voltage you will receive.

Being lobotomized slowly by this happy little group is not an option. I am surprised any Englishman
    of Royalty =p , is involved with this party and its subtle ways.
    I am off to the Battle field with Chief Bromden, at least their you know who then enemy is and can see clearer, even in the forest :).

• @~X~:

Tibberius is in Vq, he just doesn’t wear the tags to avoid people claiming he is with them. He actually has stated this before on the forum, that he wouldn’t officially join Vq because it could upset some people to have a dev in that clan.

Though to my understanding, they often play together, using a voice chat application as well. Notice as well how many of the moderators are from their group of buddies. Kimiko and Slygoat are both Vq members.

Theres an obvious close association with the Vq clan and devs. You can even see in steam, that many have previous alias’ with Vq tags on if not currently using them.

Vq members and the leader of Vq gB told me that Tibberius is in Vq and that one of them is his brother. Doesn’t sound farfetched with how when you tell one of them something, they spread it between each other quickly.
    (That same time, they also told me I was a loser because I paid 50 dollars for the game in beta and they had all been playing it free for 2 years.)

Also in the last QA video, it sounds like Tibberius is having the questions read to him by a little brother.

This is normal behavior from a niche game community though, so I never expected anything else.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TibberiusBane

@JackBaldy:

Note: Click on the image for a bigger version

I agree with Retsnom and he actually has been the first person to reply to me and actually understand what I was saying rather than saying things like “why can’t he play in competitive play” or “so what if he is with old friends”. I never said he shouldn’t be either of those, I merely said the information I gave was reason for the current situation in the game pertaining the Vq buddy circle group running things.

I also didn’t even know this happened in AoC until Retsnom just stated what he did.

@Retsnom:

I got to jump in here before it is locked and or deleted. I being someone who is in full favor of the freedom of speech no matter how offensive has had many threads locked. Some were rage filled angst about all the failings of the game while others were heated debates with some flaming.

So Fn what? Big deal if a raging flame post thread goes viral it is more attention for the game. People will choose sides, rivalries and alliances will form and great in game battles will ensue. It seems retarded to close and lock threads because someone might be offended. Gees, sack up and grow a pair. Use you intelligence and language skills to put those in there place and let the people decide who has merit instead of locking a thread and do the thinking for people.

That said, Tibbs being tied to a very specific clan instead of a DEV clan has proven disastrous in the past because of the influence of one clan over the development of the Age of Chivalry Mod and the release of the CR2 patch that broke the mod, killed the community, all but two veteran clans left. Yes there were a few stragglers and a few minor new clans popped up. The single clan influenced updates to AOC, killed it. Kila clan warned back then about this and it fell on deaf ears as more and more of the game was nerfed or removed with each patch and update till they finally broke the mod. We were and have been shunned, flamed, ignored, and even had members banned from the old forums simply because we adamantly and openly disagreed with Development decisions that favored one clans opinion over all others. Not only that but of we were not invited to any of the Alpha or Beta testing nor did we get any invites to mod the forums or any input on the game development. Yet we were directly responsible for keeping AOC alive and growing for 3 years till this release.

It is clear that the same has happened here with Chivalry. One clan who has no problem stealing players from other clans…. how many former Kila players do you have now or from other clans? They clearly continue to have way too much influence in the development of the game. I have no problem with a Dev wanting to play at a competitive level with their own game but they should have created their own clan like they did in AOC with Dev-Blood Sacrifice clan, well till they got their ass handed to them time and time again with their own game by Kila, so bad that they nerfed 50% or more of the game, the maps, weapons and the tactics. Want to know more just ask me.

Many of you do not know the history to this game and there is lots too it. Lots of obviously hidden drama and behind the scenes deals and favors for wanted changes in the game. But they are there. So if you want to see a conflict of interest, it is staring you in the face.

One person has already tried to straw man at one of his statements while ignoring the bulk of what he said.

• I guess I’m just old-fashioned, but I think the mods are TOO lenient. I believe threads should be locked as soon as a thread reaches its obvious peak, instead of letting these washed-up, past-their-prime threads spiral into this nonsense. For instance, this thread would be much better had it been locked after this gem of a post:
    @Sir:

Those Vq buggers hacking again. They will never learn those buggers. The devs put secret codes in age of chivalry (the mod version fyi new peeps) which allowed them to gain advantages and alter stat variables for different classes. Hence why their Man at Arms acted manlier and their Crusaders had more vim.

Beware the Vq. |

mmm, perfection.

• @Mike:

I guess I’m just old-fashioned, but I think the mods are TOO lenient. I believe threads should be locked as soon as a thread reaches its obvious peak, instead of letting these washed-up, past-their-prime threads spiral into this nonsense. For instance, this thread would be much better had it been locked after this gem of a post:
    @Sir doyle the noob:

Those Vq buggers hacking again. They will never learn those buggers. The devs put secret codes in age of chivalry (the mod version fyi new peeps) which allowed them to gain advantages and alter stat variables for different classes. Hence why their Man at Arms acted manlier and their Crusaders had more vim.

Beware the Vq. |

mmm, perfection.

What you’re not seeing is that, that person is purposely trolling this thread so that it can be locked. They know they won’t face any repercussions since they are in said group. Notice how the other trolls in this thread are also from that same group. The current issue is that the moderators are also with said group of people, so they lock the threads that aren’t in their favor instead of actually just deleting or warning troll posters that are their friends.

• Through the use of satire I was hoping to draw attention to this rather stale and tired old topic that seems to crop every once and in a while. That Vq as a whole has some control of the development of the game or its moderators or Developers is rather silly and always has been. Hence the reference to the most often touted claim that Vq had cheats enabled by the devs in AoC.

Honcho seems to have got it first try but by and large it was missed and this silly topic continued ( just my opinion of course).

So forgive my momentary lapse in judgement, how dare I attempt to stop or derail a thread I have seen countless times before.

As you were.

• You might be right Sir doyle the noob old threads etc re surfacing . However A lot of new players are here now. Who are not at all familiar with history. Some of us find this stuff interesting also hehe.
    why shouldn’t we?
    I am 1 of 7000? or more new players that only came into This game in recent months.
    Is this any way to welcome the new wave of players? 8-)

Mike Honcho wrote:
    I guess I’m just old-fashioned, but I think the mods are TOO lenient. I believe threads should be locked as soon as a thread reaches its obvious peak, instead of letting these washed-up, past-their-prime threads spiral into this nonsense

One could say that of a Game mod called Chivalry don’t you think?
    But we brought it and don’t expect this bs from the old relics such as you.
    We purchased this game ( in my case 2 copies ) and we really have the right to know
    the old history and its politics etc, even if you dont’ like that fact.
    yada yada

• @loin:

You might be right Sir doyle the noob old threads etc re surfacing . However A lot of new players are here now. Who are not at all familiar with history. Some of us find this stuff interesting also hehe.
    why shouldn’t we?
    I am 1 of 7000? or more new players that only came into This game in recent months.
    Is this any way to welcome the new wave of players? 8-)

Mike Honcho wrote:
    I guess I’m just old-fashioned, but I think the mods are TOO lenient. I believe threads should be locked as soon as a thread reaches its obvious peak, instead of letting these washed-up, past-their-prime threads spiral into this nonsense

One could say that of a Game mod called Chivalry don’t you think?
    But we brought it and don’t expect this bs from the old relics such as you.
    We purchased this game ( in my case 2 copies ) and we really have the right to know
    the old history and its politics etc, even if you dont’ like that fact.
    yada yada

Sorry I guess I was rather blasé and for that I apologize. What I should of said is that alot of it is pointless mud slinging and slander. Half of what is said is just false and then it gets repeated by people who know no better and thus becomes canon.
    However if people wish to believe these conspiracies fair enough. I myself am quite partial to smurfs.

• My considered opinion after looking at the posts is the moderators actually do a great job tbh,
    also were and who the developers play with or gel with is not really a factor to be examined.

If the idea that a group of people influence this game in some way , I don’t see any harm in that.
    They are dedicated positive players and have a lot to offer imo.
    It would have been worst if no developers played the game or even got involved with a guild tbh.

regarding this quote from
    –X-- “Also in the last QA video, it sounds like Tibberius is having the questions read to him by a little brother”

The fact is Tibberius is answering our questions and openly and the source was our community.
    regardless of who the interviewer is. Not to mention another patch is here which shows how proactive this dev team is. gj

my opinion is based on current events, although history and politics may be of interest as I was not
    a part of that era so can not add comment on the past.

• I’m just still smiling at the whole “all mods and devs are working for VQ” thing, as if it is some kind of strange illuminati conspiracy.

The devs are simply busy working on the game (and dealing with a load of people’s crap isn’t helping), I’ve litterally no idea about the other mods but I personally just give a bit of time here and there after work to clear up anything that has gone beyond silly.

I don’t play, or come on the forums near enough to be in some kind of strange “secret club”. Heck I was even invited to join VQ once (back when I was alpha testing, BEFORE being mod), but declined as I simply don’t have the time to do the whole clan thing nowadays, and only even pop on Chiv now and then at weekends when I get a bit of time for gaming, or giving new patches a test to help out.

I can’t see why anyone else would want to “rule” Chiv either as that would be silly. It is a GAME. This isn’t some kind of major multinational millionaire league. I, and I expect others just simply want the game to do well and for people to have fun playing it. We’d also rather the forums be a nice fun place where devs can easily collect feedback, and players can discuss the game and have a laugh. Trying to turn everything into “drama” is silly because really, no-one cares about people’s personal matters besides those who are already involved.

As to the whole VQ / Mods vs Whomever thing, to be honest I have no idea who any of these people / clans being discussed are, nor do I care. Heck I only even know that VQ exist due to playing with a couple of the members now and then on AoC, even then I mainly played on the PGP servers (I still have the Steam group pic of all the half-naked men hugging on my Steam profile page). Besides those who have VQ in their names or signature, I wouldn’t even know otherwise, or care.

Simple fact is, f*** up the forums, and that’s when mod action (such as locking threads) is taken, that goes for EVERYONE. If you have a problem with a specific person or case, be that a player or mod, PM one of us and we’ll have a look into things for you. Splatting crap allover the forums doesn’t help anyone, it just causes clutter, of which our job is cleaning.

Also yes I am actually a human and not some kind of strange logic-based automation, or a cybernetically-implanted slave being mind controlled by Tibbs or the VQ overlords in their magical sky city. Honest…

• It is no conspiracy, no one said that VQ controlled anything but they sure dont mind throwing their weight around when they want something their way. The reason why this is “stale and old” to you is that you are on their side…. Hello?

What I said is that VQ has had unprecedented access to the devs and the development of the game since Beta of AOC circa 2007. This does not mean control but that one clan has had major influence over the development of this entire game while others were shunned and discounted because they didn’t agree with development choices. If the old forums were still accessible, I could show you proof of me being personally being steamrolled for my opinions. These were logical and based from actual experience handling a majority of the weapons in real life. Sorry but these are facts.

Very few clans or anyone other than VQ were Alpha Testers. Several VQ members literally bragged about their influence in CR2 and all the way through to Chiv. If you even read through some of their responses here when people are complaining about Chiv you will find them claiming that there is noting wrong with the game and have their noses so brown it is disgusting, when it is clear that much is still very wrong, missing or broken.

I heard all about the debate about crouch-jump being taken out of the game because certain players didn’t like the idea of being able to climb on objects to get a height advantage. The few that wanted dared to suggest to leave it in were again steamrolled.

This is no conspiracy. It is clear that VQ has had overwhelming influence on the game and even the forums. If you disagree you are a conspiracy nut job and should be avoided and silenced. This is true with some of the mods and their over sensitivity to anything controversial. I should know, how many threads have I had locked because they were verbose and had some flaming on all sides. So be it.

Like I said, there are reasonable things that should lock a thread: blatant racism, extreme language or x rated content and real threats, totally understandable. But informing other players about how a tournament could appear to have some favoritism with raging proof is not a lockable offense. Let the chips fall where they may. Let both parties air their grievances if it is in the proper section and let the public decide if it is just a flame war or if it has merit. Sure if it only comes to name calling and threats, fine, lock it. But a few well traded insults or continued clarification of an event is no justification.