The Option to disable sounds

• I was just reminded of something when I read a post by TheRed about being able to do his evil laugh. So I wanted to implore the dev team to allow the option to disable in game sounds. Let me expound on that, I want the option to disable the taunts of other players. I guess mute is a better word. Anyways I honestly hate playing AoC when players, particularly good ones ;) , spam their taunts…either the spam “too big a sword” or “evil laugh”. Originally I thought it was funny to hear the taunts but in certain servers with certain players it has been somewhat annoying in the past that I’ll actually change servers. I understand some players just love to be annoying and remind you of how much you suck with taunts but isn’t it degrading enough to keep dying by the same hand? Anyways just a hope I have for the new game.

• @finchy86:

I was just reminded of something when I read a post by TheRed about being able to do his evil laugh. So I wanted to implore the dev team to allow the option to disable in game sounds. Let me expound on that, I want the option to disable the taunts of other players. I guess mute is a better word. Anyways I honestly hate playing AoC when players, particularly good ones ;) , spam their taunts…either the spam “too big a sword” or “evil laugh”. Originally I thought it was funny to hear the taunts but in certain servers with certain players it has been somewhat annoying in the past that I’ll actually change servers. I understand some players just love to be annoying and remind you of how much you suck with taunts but isn’t it degrading enough to keep dying by the same hand? Anyways just a hope I have for the new game.

I usually post a little heart ( <3 ) on the chat when i totally obliterate somebody.
    It pisses ppl off, don’t fully understand why, i think it’s cute. :D

Example: SMASH WerQ: <3

• It can get quite annoying with the spammers, I believe a cooldown would be better, where you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can use it again.
    Not that it would stop me from doing the same in the microphone though…

• I think there should be an ignore command for text spammers, and that would also block the voices from the ignored people.

• @TheRed:

It can get quite annoying with the spammers, I believe a cooldown would be better, where you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can use it again.
    Not that it would stop me from doing the same in the microphone though…

And what if u have to change the command, or give multiple commands?

• I guess you’re screwed then. :mrgreen:

• you could always allow taunts to cool down while the team commands will remain available. And true you could always just taunt someone through the mic but then the mute button would be there so…

• I reckon that the voice taunts do add alot to the game, especially if theres a variety like there is in TF2. But I do have ‘Need a dispenser here!’ over and over again. Dunno if theres a midground between disabling all taunts and hearing all taunts except for a timer. The ability to disable ALL of them is a real easy one to add, though.

• It could just be a random taunt when you get a kill, and it cools down for 20-30 seconds before saying another taunt (To prevent good, great, or lucky players who get multiple kills in a row from getting annoying). It would be like Unreal Tournament. Kill somebody, and you yell out a taunt. No button presses needed, no hotkeys, it’s all automatic. And perhaps an option to disable the taunts you don’t like them, and just kill in silence. Of course, you could still put the taunts in a voice selection of their own, along with commands, thank you’s, and such.

• You couldn’t just tell your enemy to shut up on the battlefield - you had to make them shut up! Stab them, and rip out their vocal cords, that should do the trick.

• I really don’t see the point of the discussion, it’s already fine as it is in AoC.

• @Holy_Teal:

I really don’t see the point of the discussion, it’s already fine as it is in AoC.

It’s not fine when it is over used and abused on certain servers…one of the reasons why I don’t play as much…I’m not saying it is the only reason but it is a reason to avoid certain servers and since there are a lack of servers and I can’t get a good ping in many of them then I am left to play a different game

• Seriously, just turn some music on and play, you won’t hear a thing.

• I think that you are affected by a tauntphobia, it’s serious doctor !

• True I have tauntphobia, and I hate playing games with music…makes me feel less like I’m there…

• Actually, i have never been disturbed by the taunts, maybe I’m lucky and play with smart ppl, or you are oversensitive. ;)

• @WerQ:

Actually, i have never been disturbed by the taunts, maybe I’m lucky and play with smart ppl, or you are oversensitive. ;)

Same here.

• I like taunt spamming. It’s like, “well this guy just killed me, but he’s laughing so it’s cool”, as opposed to “well this guy has been obliterating the entire server and not saying a thing, I wonder if he’s a robot”. Taunts help you remember it’s just a game.