There's a Beta Update on Steam

• I turned on the opt in to betas thingy in Steam and apparently there’s a 700 MB beta patch which includes fire arrows as well as many other things. No servers load when the patch is applied because I guess none of them support this version yet.

Has anyone else tried this out?

• @swallagoon:

I turned on the opt in to betas thingy in Steam and apparently there’s a 700 MB beta patch which includes fire arrows as well as many other things. No servers load when the patch is applied because I guess none of them support this version yet.

Has anyone else tried this out?

Server’s not up yet. So if you want to play, you may want to opt out of beta right now to revert back to the old one. They’ll let us know once it’s ready.

• Well fuck. Thats probably why i cant get any servers today. Must have auto dowloaded the beta when I wasnt paying attention.

• @Smellyhobo101:

Well fuck. Thats probably why i cant get any servers today. Must have auto dowloaded the beta when I wasnt paying attention.

Yep, because you still had that option set. :< Easy mistake :)

Luckily, it’s not THAT big.

• Do server owners get the option to pick whether or not to update to the beta server?

• Sounds awesome. Me being an archer makes me jump with joy at the sound of “Fire arrow”. I see some fun times ahead. Might add more intensity to comp play as well. We will have to see.

BTW what other things are in the update?

• to be turned into a hedgehog by archers and now set on fire also, one can’t imagine a warmer way to spend christmas hehe.

• Any notes on what the beta patches/adds?

• @Lord:

Any notes on what the beta patches/adds?

It will for sure have a fix to display proper counts of people in servers.

• @Phlint95:

Sounds awesome. Me being an archer makes me jump with joy at the sound of “Fire arrow”. I see some fun times ahead. Might add more intensity to comp play as well. We will have to see.

Fire arrows have always been in singleplayer. Thats where OP most likely tested since theres no servers up.

• @ChuckingIt:

@Lord:

Any notes on what the beta patches/adds?

It will for sure have a fix to display proper counts of people in servers.

Nice. That’s a start. 8-)

• @Smellyhobo101:

@Phlint95:

Sounds awesome. Me being an archer makes me jump with joy at the sound of “Fire arrow”. I see some fun times ahead. Might add more intensity to comp play as well. We will have to see.

Fire arrows have always been in singleplayer. Thats where OP most likely tested since theres no servers up.

Really? How would one go about using them? is it a console command?

• Once the server is up, patch notes will be released.

• @Phlint95:

Really? How would one go about using them? is it a console command?

The bots shoot them. I’m not sure its possible to use them yourself.

• I’m one hell of a crap tester…