New forum user, novice game player.

• Hey all, fairly new to these boards. I found them after finding the incredibly useful damage tables.

After reading through a lot of the comments here it looks like there is a lot of archer hate. It’s personally my favorite class and you’ll usually find me near the top of the leaderboards with my Xbow and hunting butter knife.

Some things I’ve noticed in no particular order…

• Votekicking is very poorly implemented. I believe it should work similar to CS:S where everyone’s default vote is “NO” and you have to manually press “YES” to kick. Where currently you abstain (neither voting “Yes” or “No”, and to kick you require 55% of votes cast, not total votes. I think changing this will keep the system as powerful as it needs to be to deal with hackers / tkers / griefers but ornate enough to keep legitimate players from being kicked on poor standing.

• All of the classes are REALLY balanced. All of this I hear on the boards about knights being OP, or Vans being OP, or MaA being OP are just players not playing the class how they are designed.

• Teamates, I appreciate your help trying to kill this knight I’ve stabbed seven times already. But when you help, please remember that LMB has a much higher rate of TK’s than any other attack.

• On the topic of teamkilling…. IT HAPPENS. Get over it. There are 5 guys swinging swords, mauls, and spears. You don’t really think everyone intentionally killed you every time right? Further, don’t get more upset because an archer tk’ed you, I almost guarantee he was trying to help you.

• The burning grainary map needs better objective pointers. I’ve been in 5-6 games recently where we don’t really know what is left to burn and we just throw torches at random things until time runs out.

• A team full of archers can not has a low chance of winning objective based games. If you see that there is more than a 4:1 other:archer ratio, please choose another class. “Man, there sure are too many knights” ~Said by no one ever.

• The ballista shooting mission is a joke, right?

• While I’m heavily against any sort of balance adjustments yet, knight’s battle axe and the archer’s jav both need a bit of reworking. Everything else I’ve been able to adjust my playstyle to accommodate for the weapon.

• There is no shame in running from a 1v1, 2v1, or 3v1 to stall for backup. If I’m in a sidebar with a decent knight, I’ll often parry his blows while backpedaling towards spawn/objective/teammates to give me a tactical advantage. (Before the honor-whiners out there, if I taunt (“C” key) and you taunt in response, it’s a duel to the death, 1v1)

• We all know getting a ton of kills is fun, but completing the objective and winning is better.

• Knights, not all archers are EZPZ. If you come running in swinging your maul like a madman, expect to take a few stabs to the neck. Also, you’re not invincible. If you see three enemies, don’t just zerg them LMB spamming. Wait for your teammates, push forward and split up to squish those who break from the enemy pack.

• Archers, please advance with your team. You should never be more than 6 paces behind the last guy. Also, please focus on enemy archers first. They are usually standing still and if you can get in a gunfight with him, at least he isn’t shooting at the rest of your team who are trying to complete the objective.

• Man at Arms, I appreciate your boldness and your balls. But you’re frail. You’re like the kid who goes to the gym every day, but despite your efforts you’re still scrawny. You can’t take a hit, so be cautious. Spending half of the fight waiting to respawn / running back to the objective doesn’t do anyone any good.

• Vanguards, see knights.

• Lastly, sucking is not a good reason to kick someone. Respect the newer players and instead of raging at them, calmly give them pointers. Nobody sucks because it’s fun to suck.

Whew, didn’t expect to fire all that out at once, anyway howdy do fellas?

• Agreed. I used to hate archers, but it is pretty easy to dodge almost all arrows if you are smart, I usually get into striking distance of 90% of them w/o taking damage.

Edit: Forgot to say welcome to the forums! :D

• It’s funny how much I hate archers in this game, but in AoC, I played them often enough. I haven’t really given them a chance yet in Chiv… but grrr they drive me crazy lol

Anyways, welcome to the boards and have fun! :)

• The only time I ever seem to be killed by an archer is when I’m playing as an archer. Playing one isn’t easy…it’s waaay easier to be a knight or vanguard. For every good archer, there are about 99 terrible ones. Like me :|

• @xUncleOwenx:

Agreed. I used to hate archers, but it is pretty easy to dodge almost all arrows if you are smart, I usually get into striking distance of 90% of them w/o taking damage.

Edit: Forgot to say welcome to the forums! :D

I didn’t get the archer hate right from the get-go. Even the first day that I installed and played this game I was able to dodge most archers easily enough by zigzagging, strafing, jumping and ducking. The last experience I have in a first person game was Goldeneye for N64 too, so if I can do it so can everyone else! :D

• @TedBundyJr:

The last experience I have in a first person game was Goldeneye for N64 too, so if I can do it so can everyone else! :D

Lol man I used to play that game nonstop while stationed in Korea!

Welcome to the forums BOT Chris!

• Some good feedback and impressions here, thanks!

Copied your suggestions for the votekicking and Battleground objective markers to the devs.

Also fixed up your List items in your post so they display as bullets correctly. :)

• @Kimiko:

Anyways, welcome to the boards and have fun! :)

FUN is not allowed here. Remember? :jrazz: