Left handed/ Right handed Mode

• The ability to switch hands on all the weapons for people who are left handed (In the options menu of course). This would bring a bit more realistic complications back when a right handed foot soldier would meet a left handed foot soldier in battle. Also would be nice for people who are usually left handed. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too hard, just flipping the model and animations to the left other than the right.

To go more in-depth with this: A player who is more adept at fighting players with their right side would have to rethink his fighting technique against a player who plays with his left. The player would have to re-think his footwork, the spots of where he would strike, and blocking techniques.
    Just a suggestion of course.

• Unfortunately i doubt they will be adding this as i don’t think it would be worth the development time at this point as it would be too difficult to try and add something as simple as this into the game.

• Vox knows what’s up.
    At this point we’re just pushing forward to get the core gameplay out there and released on time (by the end of this year). Don’t worry, we’ll look into implementing some of these awesome extra ideas the community has post-release :)

• Such a feature is way more complicated than what it appears. Counter-Strike had this feature because Cliffe is left handed or Goose, one of the two. If I recall right it wasn’t really so simple to code the reverse model/animations

• Besides I do believe that during the Dark ages and Crusades all fighters were taught to fight with their right hand regardless of their dominant hand, because they thought that being left handed was a sign of the devil’s evil in you or something along the lines of that.

• Little known is a fact that a swordsman learned how to use both hands to fight - severing/damaging limbs were very often those times.

• @Darbtree:

Besides I do believe that during the Dark ages and Crusades all fighters were taught to fight with their right hand regardless of their dominant hand, because they thought that being left handed was a sign of the devil’s evil in you or something along the lines of that.

thats absolutely awesome!

• And absolute bollocks ;P