Lord of the Rings - Location

• So I’m looking for people to pitch some ideas on a specific location from Lord of the Rings, for me to map out.

Here are some locations that I’m currently favoring:

Isengard

Morannon

Weathertop

Bridge of Khazad-dum

Edoras

I definitely won’t do Rivendell, there is way too much foliage. Minas Tirith would be cool, but the complexity of the architecture could potentially take awhile. I’m also avoiding Helms Deep since I anticipate someone else will do that location at some point.

Any other ideas are welcome.

• Osgiliath would be my vote. From my point of view I find that it’s an extremely flexible level design from structure to objective. Regardless of how cool it looks to me. I would of modeled this location if I did environment modeling!..Maybe in due time :P

From your list I would vote Edoras, Weathertop, and Bridge of Khazad-dum. The other 2 would seem just like a bunch of space for dirt textures and/or grass lol

LOTR is by far my favorite Movie and love anything to do with it :).

If you need anything just hollar! And hope to see you at The Hobbit, winky face.

• Angmar would make an extremely atmospheric map, same with some random massive dwarf hall.

• I would love to see all those mentioned, just imagine the battles.

• I kinda feel like if any amateur map maker tried to make one of these maps, it wouldn’t live up to expectations and people would reject it…

• @ReMixx:

I kinda feel like if any amateur map maker tried to make one of these maps, it wouldn’t live up to expectations and people would reject it…

What a downer! Go play AoC and see the error in your statement. Pfffft.

:berz:

As for the locations, I think it would be cool to see Isengard :) Good luck!

• @Kimiko:

@ReMixx:

I kinda feel like if any amateur map maker tried to make one of these maps, it wouldn’t live up to expectations and people would reject it…

What a downer! Go play AoC and see the error in your statement. Pfffft.

:berz:

Pfffft you can’t tell me what to do!! Who do you think I AM? YOUR apprentice??

• @ReMixx:

We already know the answer to this question, young whipper snapper. :queen:

• @Kimiko:

@ReMixx:

We already know the answer to this question, young whipper snapper. :queen:

Sigh. hangs head Yes ma’am.

• Am I the only one here who would wish to see the Shire as a bloody field of battle?!

• @Lord:

Am I the only one here who would wish to see the Shire as a bloody field of battle?!

Can I kill the hobbitsesss??? :fight:

• No, that works too. Actually, any of them would be cool to see. But start with one, make it awesome and if it is successful, continue on from there!

• @ReMixx:

@Lord:

Am I the only one here who would wish to see the Shire as a bloody field of battle?!

Can I kill the hobbitsesss??? :fight:

Yeah smite all these filthy (peasants) hobittses!

• @ReMixx:

Not if your an amateur map maker with a vision like mine :)

• I might get around on doing the Weathertop for Duell purposes, I am doing level design professionaly so it ( should ) turn out pretty well. Only question is time? :|

• @ReMixx:

You ever played Helm’s Deep for M&B? It’s pretty cool.

• I’m not sure if your still reading comments, but if you make isenguard or any place with a tall tower, make it so that the tower isn’t just a decoration. Make it so that this tower serves a purpose.

When these cool model are more than eye candy, that makes the map more dynamic.

So my suggestion : we should be able to climb the tower up to the very top (maybe use an instant climbing, teleporter or some stuff), and have an epic duel at the top of the tower.

• and don’t hesistate to make the map extremely dynamic, yet more closed. Closed maps allows the attackers and defendant to have a sense of progression :
    the defendant slowly retreats, struggling to hold the corridors/walls/passage, the attackers keep pushing forward.

don’t just make your map like the current ones, where everybody just runs everywhere, everything looks like a chaotic mess and the map/obstacles/relief doesn’t server much purpose other than decoration.

• @Lord:

LOTR: The conquest.

• I didn’t want to start a whole new thread for something somewhat small, but someone ought to make an Uruk-Hai Scimitar to replace the Messer. I would love that thing to bits.

On topic, I think Weathertop would be a good LTS map.