Color blind mode?

• Hello, I recall reading something about a console (which i don’t know how to use) and enabling color blind mode. I’m color blind and I used colorblind mode in bf3 and it helped alot. Red is very hard for me, blue is not as bad, but with the blood splatters and action going on I sometimes have a real hard time telling friendly from foe.

• Hi there,

There’s nothing right now, but the devs have been notified about it, so we’ll see what they can come up with!

• I definitely remember a dev or mod mentioning something about enabling it.

• I went in game and if you type in ColorBlindSim and enter, then a list of commands come up. Is this what you are referring to?

• I’m really not sure to be honest. I don’t even know how to use the console, I’m just wondering what this supposed colorblind option is I read about.

The problem with the red and blue is that they both have very similar saturation and brightness levels in their respective colors. If one was clearly “brighter” than the other, telling them apart would be much easier.

It’s hard to describe to non-colorblind people.

• Actually, now that I looked it up, it is used to simulate the effect of colorblindness, so I don’t think this is what you need.

I do know that we informed the devs about it though.

Oh and to access the console, once you are in game, just hit the tilde key (~) and the console will pop up. From there, you can type in various commands.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more assistance :/

• You are referring to colorblindmode. This simulates what a colorblind person would perceive the colors as. A colorblind mode, to help people who are colorblind will come hopefully sooner than later.

BEAT ME TO IT!!!

• @ChuckingIt:

BEAT ME TO IT!!!

Lol I win. ;)