Reverse mouse acceleration

• The game generates reverse mouse acceleration - it’s working fine while looking around - but when you attack then the faster you move the mouse then the slower the turn is. If I move mouse slowly while attack then the turn is very fast (accelerated).
    System: Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Mouse: Logitech G700
    Drivers: 5.33.14
    SetPoint: 5.46.10

Took me awhile to figure out what was wrong.

also it would be very helpful if someone from the Torn Team could explain how the attack turn limitations works. Is setting high sensitivity increase turn speed while attack ? Is there a turn speed limit or turn angle limit ? System explanation would be very helpful in setting the mouse the right way. I would appreciate any developer input on this issue and matter.

• I’m not a developer, but hopefully one will show up at some point.

To my knowledge, turning the sensitivity up won’t change your turn speed mid-attack, for it is designed to simulate really swinging a weapon. I mean, you can’t like, spin like an idiot with a weapon you know?

• To my knowledge, turning the sensitivity up won’t change your turn speed mid-attack, for it is designed to simulate really swinging a weapon. I mean, you can’t like, spin like an idiot with a weapon you know?

Negative mouse acceleration shouldn’t be compared to simulating a weapon swing, it doesn’t make it any more realistic.

The issue is that the faster you move your mouse, the slower you look (when swinging). There’s a sweetspot where you can get maximum speed, and it’s silly. I could cap my mouse speed to bypass this (with a bind) if I wanted to to get faster looking speed, but I don’t feel I should have to.

• @NUCLEAR:

also it would be very helpful if someone from the Torn Team could explain how the attack turn limitations works. Is setting high sensitivity increase turn speed while attack ? Is there a turn speed limit or turn angle limit ? System explanation would be very helpful in setting the mouse the right way. I would appreciate any developer input on this issue and matter.

I was specifically responding to this portion of your post.

• It’s been some time just wanted to know if this problem is acknowledged ? The negative acceleration is still there, the faster the mouse is moved the slower the screen moves - the slower the mouse moves the faster the screen moves(only while attacking in normal turning it works fine it reverses while attack very frustrating). Can someone acknowledge this issue ? It’s quite serious for people who uses the mouse acceleration - it takes the precision away especially when you in in some serious combat.

• It’s something we built in to prevent players from 360’ing around like they did in AoC. As for what they plan to do with it, I’m sure that’d be a good question to be in a Q&A at some point :)

• @Izlude:

I’m not a developer, but hopefully one will show up at some point.

To my knowledge, turning the sensitivity up won’t change your turn speed mid-attack, for it is designed to simulate really swinging a weapon. I mean, you can’t like, spin like an idiot with a weapon you know?

I call false on that one, I’m playing with sensitivity 50 right now just because it gives me a faster turn speed than playing with 30 sensitivity, giving me the advantage to dance around with comboes a lot easier, but when you prepare an attack and get struck, it leads you to spin cause you drag your mouse too hard to either one of the side, more than you would if you were just looking around.