Newb question regarding kick

• I have noticed when I kick someone, it breaks their defense but never long enough to land a follow-up attack. People just block. So what is the point in kicking? Is it just something defensive to interrupt an incoming attack?

• Depends upon the weapon you use. If it is a one-hand sword you can usually stab in time, but otherwise they can usually block. Kicking is primarily used so people cannot just turtle.

• Okay thanks Uncle, I was thinking about the kick mechanic and how it feels a little sluggish / pointless if you can’t benefit that much from it. I thought it would be cool if they made kick a little more responsive and able to be used mid-parry as an answer to those annoying feign attacks, it would mean that footwork / positioning for kicks would be even more important. I feel like there needs to be a counter for everything if the game is going to be highly competitive. At the moment when I feign attack and kill a good player I feel like I have cheated them, it’s not satisfying, it feels cheap because there was literally nothing he could do seeing as with the current system, it comes down to luck/guesswork on their part. I thought it would be awesome if they could have seen the feign then lined up a kick to counter my feign. Obviously if they missed their kick or were too slow, they’d get hit which is where the skill comes in. Also imagine being in a 2v1 you parry one guys attack, and interrupt the other persons attack with a kick, scenarios like that would be pretty epic.

Kick already drains stam so I think it should be more useful. I have come from other games where I played at championship level. I like this game a lot and see it going places. But yeah, everything needs a counter imo.

• Kick works good for me, when I’m being cornered and need to get out quickly. I play as vanguard, so it’s nice to get that distance.

• Could still use it the same way Kimiko :) you’d just be able to use it during a parry in addition to current uses.

• Best way kicks are used, involve teammates. As soon as you kick, have your teammate stab him. Since kicks can’t be blocked, you are guaranteed to drop his block for that instance, which allows your teammate to get a free shot. TBH, this works better if your team are actively communicating, otherwise it is used as Kimiko says.

• Kicking archers off ledges brings great satisfaction. Especially if you stab them first and the fall kills them.

• Kick feints tend to get a lot of the better players ;-)

• @ChuckingIt:

Best way kicks are used, involve teammates. As soon as you kick, have your teammate stab him. Since kicks can’t be blocked, you are guaranteed to drop his block for that instance, which allows your teammate to get a free shot. TBH, this works better if your team are actively communicating, otherwise it is used as Kimiko says.

this, when you’re 2v1 just kick him to get a few milliseconds of vulnerability so your teammate can chop him up

• this, when you’re 2v1 just kick him to get a few milliseconds of vulnerability so your teammate can chop him up

Ah k, but I feel like this is a little redundant, there is a delay between blocks which means if you swing your weapon at the enemy slightly after your team mate they can only choose to block one of the attacks, as there’d be no way to queue up a block for the second swing in time. Do you see what I’m saying? If there was a way to kick during a parry they’d be able to time their kick so they could counter the second attack if they’re paying attention and spot both incoming attacks.

My suggestion was more geared towards 1v1 scenarios anyway, where feign attacks are more common (especially in dueling).

• I’ve never seen a block when i’m hitting LMB during the kick for a combo.

• You cannot kick and follow up with an ublockable attack. Kick is mostly to knock them off ledges or into the spikes, or to create distance.