Switch sides of teams on Objective maps, extend KOTH

• We all enjoy Objective maps, I love playing on the attacking and defending sides, but when they only come around so often in the playlist, that doesn’t always get to happen. What some friends and I discussed was that it might be good to have the teams switch sides after a teams wins.

We’d also like to see KOTH maps go for a number of rounds that can be specified in the .ini file. KOTH is a very fun (and sometimes hilariously chaotic) game mode, but could be more fun if it was set up to go best 2 out or 3 or best 3 out of 5 rounds, giving both teams an equal shot at winning. KOTH maps don’t usually take long in general, so adding a few more rounds couldn’t hurt.

• Both of these suggestions sound perfectly reasonable to me.

• Yes let the Agatha Knights infiltrate their own castle and kill their own King! ;) Good idea, some KOTH matches just don’t go for long enough. :(

• Yeah, switching sides in objective maps is almost a must!

It also makes it a bit less important whether the map is balanced (always hard when the two sides are not the same), because you don’t necessarily need to win the round to win the match - you just need to do better than the other side!

• @Matti:

Yes let the Agatha Knights infiltrate their own castle and kill their own King! ;) Good idea, some KOTH matches just don’t go for long enough. :(

Just switch the players, don’t switch the team colors :p.

Yeah, they should just copy the good ideas that TF2 uses.
    You win OT when you complete the objective further then the enemy team, control point in lts that you can capture after ±3 minutes to avoid stalemates. And multiple koth rounds is also good. But just increasing the time of one koth round could be done too, 1,5 minutes is way too short.

• @Sisarot:

@Matti:

Yes let the Agatha Knights infiltrate their own castle and kill their own King! ;) Good idea, some KOTH matches just don’t go for long enough. :(

Just switch the players, don’t switch the team colors :p.

Yeah, they should just copy the good ideas that TF2 uses.
    You win OT when you complete the objective further then the enemy team, control point in lts that you can capture after ±3 minutes to avoid stalemates. And multiple koth rounds is also good. But just increasing the time of one koth round could be done too, 1,5 minutes is way too short.

That’s exactly my thinking. In a lot of ways, chivalry is a medieval TF2, and I love that. Its better in so many aspects as well.