Easier Archer ammo refill

• On some maps or game modes, there’s no more ammo for Archers, so they wind up having to run into melee to keep fighting, or basically suicide so they can die to get more ammo.

Having more ammo boxes lying around, or being able to pick up ammo off of fallen archers, or even missed shots, would really help out low-ammo Archers.

• Lack of ammo boxes in Last Team Standing is intentional.

• @SlyGoat:

Lack of ammo boxes in Last Team Standing is intentional.

To a point I can see that, but with it being a primary weapon, it kind of hinders the Archer, not that they last that long anyway. However, your point is well taken.

I was more referring to the objective maps where you’re advancing, or constantly on the run.

Just a though.

• Can you point out any specific areas in TO maps where you think there should be an ammo refill? I haven’t found myself severely hurting for ammo most of the time.

• Only game mode that I feel should have them (besides TO of course) is TDM. I dont die that often as archer in TDM if im trying not to and lack of ammo on most tdm maps (not sure if all are missing ammo but I know a lot of them do not have a box) is a tad annoying.

• @SlyGoat:

Can you point out any specific areas in TO maps where you think there should be an ammo refill? I haven’t found myself severely hurting for ammo most of the time.

I’m not even saying that you should have ammo crates or anything lying around in TO, but if you were to be able to pick up arrows laying around from missed shots, or pick up the quiver off a dead archer (while their corpse is still around of course) to refill any arrows you may have fired would help the Archer maintain their usefulness.

Or even if there were an ammo box in an area that both teams have access to, that has a limited number of refills on it.

• The only type of archer I really see hurting for ammo is javalins. All other types are fine imo. On the rare occasion I play archer, I usually have more than enough ammo to last a while and I simply mosey my way to an ammo crate to get more as needed.

I don’t feel it’s a major issue. (Except javalins) :?

• @Slaughtervomit:

The only type of archer I really see hurting for ammo is javalins. All other types are fine imo. On the rare occasion I play archer, I usually have more than enough ammo to last a while and I simply mosey my way to an ammo crate to get more as needed.

I don’t feel it’s a major issue. (Except javalins) :?

I definitely agree there. the limited ammo really makes your shots count, if not making you much more melee than you’d like to be.

I also find that short bow archers can go through ammo pretty quick due to the quicker load/fire times.

Longbow archers don’t have as much of an issue because of their range and ability to stay closer to ammo boxes if need be, and away from the action.

• Shortbow got some extra arrows in the last patch. Javelins I can definitely agree need more ammo, though you can actually pick up missed javelins and re-use them (currently there’s a bug causing projectiles to disappear when shot into certain surfaces, though, which can screw with this), I think the last reduction javelins got to ammo count was too hurtful to the kit.

• Javalins sure need more ammo, 4 throws for a primary weapon is just not enough, not by a longshot.

• yea well not only for archers that ammo refill chest thing is completly bugged when you are out of ammo and its the first time you try to reload stuff it says wait 14 secs … yea thats not what we want to see.

for the smartasses yea i know that there is some kind of spamcap. again im saying that you reload the FIRST time.