Random Server and not the one picked.

• Simply put I try to connect to a specific server, get tossed into a different one.
    Tried through console “open 54.2.52…”
    Tried right-click and connect.
    Tried right-click, view info, connect.
    Tried searching though steam server browser instead but there is no list there.

Also right-click an empty server list and trying to view or connect to something that isn’t there crashes to desktop.

Behind a router, NAT is open, no ports have been forward to this game because I realized port #s are not static in anyway.

• @ZipIce:

Simply put I try to connect to a specific server, get tossed into a different one.
    Tried through console “open 54.2.52…”
    Tried right-click and connect.
    Tried right-click, view info, connect.
    Tried searching though steam server browser instead but there is no list there.

Out of curiosity, how are you confirming that you are on a different server than the intended? For example, you join game off of a Steam friend and they are playing on a server that you are not? Can you try one of the servers in Kimiko’s links and ask people in game which Vq server it is that you’re on to confirm with the one that you clicked?

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2619

@ZipIce:

Also right-click an empty server list and trying to view or connect to something that isn’t there crashes to desktop.

Known bug.

• Press TAB it gives you IP info.

• @ZipIce:

Press TAB it gives you IP info.

Yeah that’s been broken since release. It shows the wrong IP address in the score screen ;)

• Those links the provided by the moderator don’t work. But what you say is true then how would I get real info?

• @ZipIce:

Those links the provided by the moderator don’t work. But what you say is true then how would I get real info?

Hmm the links seem to work for about half of the people who try them… wonder if maybe the Steam appID is different for people from a different location? Something to investigate later…

If you want the real IP address of the server that you are on, open the Steam overlay. Then open your profile page (I don’t have Steam running now to confirm the exact steps of this so forgive me if I’m slightly off) by clicking on your Steam avatar in the friends list. In the top right corner of your Steam profile page, it will say that you are in game in Chivalry. Left(Right?) click it and it should pop up an info box with the actual IP address and port number.

• No, it’s not consistent with the one I joined, it had small variance in the back of the address as well as port.

• @ZipIce:

No, it’s not consistent with the one I joined, it had small variance in the back of the address as well as port.

I’d like to join the same server as you and check it myself, but not tonight. I’m heading to bed ;)

• Nvm, joined a different one and got same ip.

• If you could help me, this would be great, but why don’t the ‘Connect to server’ links work for you? What exactly happens when you click on one? What language is your PC currently set to, and what browser do you use?

• @Martin:

If you could help me, this would be great, but why don’t the ‘Connect to server’ links work for you? What exactly happens when you click on one? What language is your PC currently set to, and what browser do you use?

I’m curious too. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do the URI to launch Chiv and automagically connect to an IP. :?

Language and browser is a good idea.