[SOLVED] 5/12/2012 update, disk read error

• I have had the game since it was available for preorder and have had no issues whatsoever, besides the occasional server time outs, but every time i now attempt to update my game via steam i get the error
    “An error occurred while updating Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (disk read error)”
    Just wondering if anyone else is getting this and whether its a problem with the update, or if anyone knows a fix. I’d prefer not to reinstall as my download speeds are horrendous
    Thanks in advance,

• Try verifying the game cache in Steam.

• currently steam wont even verify the game cache either goes straight to 100% and does nothing else or sits at 0% so dont know wtf is going on with the game/steam currently

• Well a new patch just went out today. I wonder if that is affecting you? Worst case, try uninstalling Chiv and reinstalling it from Steam.

• Uninstalled and now reinstalled and have exactly the same problem as before, so absolutely no idea what to do now.

• @Foxzii:

Uninstalled and now reinstalled and have exactly the same problem as before, so absolutely no idea what to do now.

That is absolutely bizarre. How about checking the hard drive for errors? Start Menu -> Computer -> right click hard drive with steam on it -> properties -> tools tab -> check hard drive for errors.

• have you ran defrag, you might have a bad sector, as ReMixx said or you could try installing to a new location say steam2
    just ideas. I had a system were a cable had become loose. in the case . causing that.

• Currently after checking the hard drive it seems to be working, so thanks for all the help.

• @Foxzii:

Currently after checking the hard drive it seems to be working, so thanks for all the help.

Awesome! Glad it was just a minor issue and I’m glad that it works for you. See you on the battlefield. :k1: