Why remove the deathcam?

• I hate the new change where you get thrown into spectator mode instantly when you die. The best feeling after bashing some face in was when your own face got smashed and you felt it because the camera followed the body down as it fell.

Now it skips to spectator mode instantly and we don’t get to view the world spin round and round while your head rolls.

• @Ulven:

I hate the new change where you get thrown into spectator mode instantly when you die. The best feeling after bashing some face in was when your own face got smashed and you felt it because the camera followed the body down as it fell.

Now it skips to spectator mode instantly and we don’t get to view the world spin round and round while your head rolls.

I think that should be toggleable - I personally dislike it as I want to see what’s happening around my body (I’m a TO person) but I can understand some people enjoying it.

• I’m mainly a LTS player so it’s the last little joy I get before I’m forced to watch an archer duel or someone running for the rest of the round. And now it has been taken away from me. :jmad:

• :O

I haven’t yet tested the patch myself but, if this is true, I’d certainly hope they put it back!

Your eyes clouding out as you slump down at your enemy’s feet as he taunts over you, or your head rolling down a hill, was one of the most immersive parts of Chivalry.

Would suggest just making it a clientside switch so those who don’t like it can easily switch it off, there’s no real advantage to having it off (besides screaming to others on vent) so can’t see that being a prob.

• @BobT36:

Your eyes clouding out as you slump down at your enemy’s feet as he taunts over you, or your head rolling down a hill, was one of the most immersive parts of Chivalry.

Or getting a good view of them defiling and abusing your poor corpse :?

• Was that actually an intended change? I don’t see it listed.

• That’s definitely not an intentional change if it is happening.

• I’ve noticed that since the last patch (not today’s patch), instead of getting a deathcam “out of body experience” directly above my body, most of the time the camera resets at a random point on the map away from everyone, or in one of the spawns. It’s almost always far away from the action.

• I really like the change, it works great in 3rd person since it is seamless. Before if you were in 3rd person, when you die you get transported into 1st person usually inside the helmet and if you’re a knight or vanguard all you see mostly is a big triangle of the interior of front of the helmet. So it’s like the opposite from what it used to be. I could understand that first person players wouldn’t like this. But as such, 3rd person players get the benefit now. You get a better sense of how the weapon that killed you was struck, since you can continue seeing it’s movement from the other player, and you can see your body slump in the way that it did. It just feels a little smoother and more of a confirmation of what just happened.

I think there should be a toggle for deathcam such that you can select interior/exterior for death cam and/or same as 1st/3rd person view selection. Maybe put it in video settings and/or add a keybind?

• I’m personally a huge fan of being smashed in the face by a maul in 1st person…

No really, the change isn’t necessary. I being a 1st person player (I use ranged a lot) feels like I’m a part of the game it’s self. If I die immediately and it switches to spectator it kind of gets rid of that feeling of being in the game and you end up being left to think “oh…”

• Again, welcome to how the 3rd person players have been feeling all along.

• Can we have an ablility to cycle through players? Click to change to different player?

Also, can you add 1st person spectating mode?

• Don’t know what you guys are talking about. The only change I witnessed is the 1st person death cam was replaced by a 3rd person one.
    I have not seen an immediate change into spectator mode… but maybe that’s what you meant.

Playing in 3rd person I like the change. However the best sollution would be when playing in 1st person death cam will be in 1st, and same for 3rd.

That way nobody feels to be dragged out of their experience.

• @b3h47pte:

That’s definitely not an intentional change if it is happening.

That’s good, hopefully that means it will get fixed.

• Happened to me aswell, just after I died, the cam started spectacting somebody at random, in a third-person-like way but very sluggish and jittery since I couldn’t move the cam orientation.

• I’ve noticed that this only occurs on servers that allow 3rd person. Just played on a server which were locked into 1st person and the camera followed my head as it fell into a puddle of my own blood.

• Fix that now please, don’t break the game’s immersion even more!

• After going on a few servers and testing it out, it only happens if you click your mouse. Otherwise, by default the regular death cam remains. If you click your mouse, it’s going to go to the next player.

So don’t click!

• Oh you mean that… You can go in spectator mode by downscrolling the mousewheel again.