Reqeust for Balance.

• I already saw alot of unbalance between the classes in dueling servers and the upcoming dueling mode will not make that easier.

First i wanna say that i think the vanguard is highly underpowered.

reason: he is the second heaviest class and can almost take as much dmg as an maa or an archer. so almost that he dies of 2 javs in melee while others do aswell.
    solution: give em A BALANCED BIT more armor. srsly thats all what im asking for. just a difference between the maa and the vanguard cause there is not really any.

Second: no forward dodge on the maa no 50 + on backstab for archer.

forward dodge is a small vanguard charge with 2 MASSIVE upsides. you can still parry with it
    you can perform it almost everywhere and whenever you need/want it.
    since the dodge animation is not fixed properly and we still have those skywalkers with the force its just utter bullsh*t to fight them.

and why should someone deal more dmg on the back of somebody then anyone else? i mean XD look at that that reminds me of world of warcraft. get yourself some assassins while they ´re still hot!

on a realistic side the knight can take just waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much dmg. 3 stabs right in the face with a greatsword? dont think thats possible. wanna see his dentist. in the game its kinda ok but still the dmg output of his bastards is almost nonsense. so why should i wear a bigger slower weapon if it deals less dmg? for the reach? no thx i wear more armor instead to feel like a tank.

the other classes have almost passive skills (Again i have to mention that there is a random dodge button for those special ppl) the vanguard has his crappy lil vanguard charge.
    Now let me say the main idea of the vanguard charge is great.
    but since everyone refuses to play properly and try to aid their teammates, aswell as nobody is up for formations which would really work ( i tried it with a couple of nice ppl) its completly useless.
    the charge does random dmg with nonsense moves and is soooo easy predictable its just laughable.

tbh i am a good player and i can often top the board with a lil effort i did not train any other classes since i love big swords.

pls developers dont see this text as an offense i like chivalry its ma fav med game. Respond to this topic pl, maybe i didnt get everything right.

• @Thorendir:

tbh i am a good player and i can often top the board with a lil effort

You suggest nerfs for the rest of the classes yet claim you only play one class and do well. -_-;. Play the other classes and then edit your post.

@Thorendir:

i did not train any other classes since i love big swords.

This was obvious.

@Thorendir:

pls developers dont see this text as an offense i like chivalry its ma fav med game. Respond to this topic pl, maybe i didnt get everything right.

I agree with the bolded section.

• I agree on more health.
    also i would like to see some REAL downsides of the shield.

• Come to the RK server, and I’ll assure you that you will quickly change your opinion about Vanguards, I disagree with what you are saying, mainly because I think you lack of experience to express yourself. Such is my thought because I find what you are saying wrong, thus we all have our own opinions, don’t we. Please come over one day, and we will find out if you will top the scoreboard :)

• @smokingbobs:

I agree on more health.
    also i would like to see some REAL downsides of the shield.

I feel like vanguards are fine with health, but could use a bump with some damages (mostly with charge attacks) and 100% agree on shield nerf.

• The game isn’t balanced around duels. Vanguards’ long reach makes them infuriatingly effective in groups, MaA’s superior duelist skills are so that they can contribute to team gamemodes by picking off archers or drawing enemies away from the pack. Knights don’t have the maneuverability of MaA or the reach of VGs, so they serve as a front line force. Backstab is essential for archers so they can fulfill a support role in melee once the enemy closes the gap on them.

• This game is not afterall a duel-based game, and despite of that, I still pretty much think there is a fine balance between the four classes when it comes to duels. Each class do also play a very important part in a competive match, Vanguards are very useful there because of their long reach & range attacks they can perfom with high damage.

I also agree about shields getting a slightly nerf so that there would be other ways to actually get past an shield user, but 100% nerf for the shield as earlier stated would just go from nerfing it to make it useless. The shield should get fixed, but it should still be having close to as much advantage as a two-hander or one-hander has, who would pick the shields if they were made utterly useless?

• I’m a vanguard player and I don’t think they are underpowered…
    It’s really hard to play 1on1s against knights or good MAAs though and that’s because of the shields combined with the feints. I think shields need to be nerfed… you shouldn’t be able to hold them up forever.

• Holding them up isn’t exactly the problem, as they would only block their view and put themself in a state where and highly trained opponent could get his swings onto his side. The endless block ability with the shield is what really bothers me. Shields are basically a “Hold” block that you can use to protect yourself from projectile weapons, and they can also be used to render the opponents feints down to 70%, which makes them close to immune to it. What I believe is the issue with the shields, is that they lack of disadvantages or ways to actually break their guard, Like a non-shield user can get their guard easily broken by a well-timed feint. All you can really do to a skilled shield user is to out-speed his upcomming attack after you bash a few times on his shield, or get to his side, whilst he can keep his feints up and pressure you constantly without putting himself at risk, it was disgusting to watch shield-users in the previous tournament hosted by Shot(by)gun, that a less skillfully shield user was able to take down someone with more skills. Most players who adept to this game tends to make their own playstyle, own movements style while the most shield users in that tournament just blocked and slashed, and without their shield, I believe that player could down them within a few seconds, Thus is my statement of how I believe that shields needs another way to be countered like feints are used to throw an weapon parry off-guard, but the idea is to make the shields as balanced as the regular weapon parry, they are afterall a defensive tool, so by heavily nerfing them would not be the option, reduce the time on hold-block would not really solve the problem, would just make it worse to what the shield is suppose to be.

• Well at least it should drain a lot of stamina if you hit the shield. It’s not impossible to get around the shield and hit the enemy but in a gamemode like TO it’s just stupid when three knights with shields camp on the objective and it takes ages to kill them.

• There’s a huge difference between fighting a shield-user in a team objective, free for all, last team standing, king of the hill or any modes except for the duel ones, you could for example easily go to the shields right side, while your teammate goes in to the left side. Simple tactic to get him down, or simply just keep hitting his shield all the time, cause then you will pin him down till he makes a mistake or runs of out stamina, in duels of one versus one is where the shields are hardest to get through.

• @afiNity:

Well at least it should drain a lot of stamina if you hit the shield. It’s not impossible to get around the shield and hit the enemy but in a gamemode like TO it’s just stupid when three knights with shields camp on the objective and it takes ages to kill them.

firepots. that is all.

• well …. i dont really get why people are not upset.

You win teamobjectives when you have more archers (or better archers) on your side.

Forward dodge is vcharge x4

The game isn’t balanced

so far i agree sly.
    well if its not balanced around duels or balanced in 1 vs 1 or balanced at all, why do you think is it ok?

i mean arent you upset that there ARE classes that have high advantages they DEFINITLEY shouldnt?
    while others have big downsides and the whole community is like nah shut up noob.

Looks to me like a lot of ppl dont want it balanced. at all.

• I think some of you need to play the game more. You act as those the shield is an impenetrable force of doom. It’s not. Am I the only person that kicks in this game? You hold the shield up “forever” and it’s curtains for you. One kick or even chain kicks to drop guard and get to the side or overhead or… anything.

I think shields are in a good state as is. They function as a means of protection at the cost of some stam and recovery. It obstructs your view as well which can hamper you in teamplay. Let’s not forget that if you are using a shield, you are also using a wpn that doesn’t have great range, can only 1hk on a decap (thus mid~low power), and suffer the same situations in dealing with other shield wielders. People are whining that they can swing predictably and get some dmg and think there are isn’t an realistic way to get dmg. KICK poeple! Besides, I believe there is an advantage to blocking/parrying at the ride time versus parrying too early/keeping shield up.

• @tlbww:

I think some of you need to play the game more. You act as those the shield is an impenetrable force of doom. It’s not. Am I the only person that kicks in this game? You hold the shield up “forever” and it’s curtains for you. One kick or even chain kicks to drop guard and get to the side or overhead or… anything.

I think shields are in a good state as is. They function as a means of protection at the cost of some stam and recovery. It obstructs your view as well which can hamper you in teamplay. Let’s not forget that if you are using a shield, you are also using a wpn that doesn’t have great range, can only 1hk on a decap (thus mid~low power), and suffer the same situations in dealing with other shield wielders. People are whining that they can swing predictably and get some dmg and think there are isn’t an realistic way to get dmg. KICK poeple! Besides, I believe there is an advantage to blocking/parrying at the ride time versus parrying too early/keeping shield up.

Maul users don’t really get the option to kick. The windup and actual swing is so slow that the enemy can recover much faster than the attack can actually occur. Shields are great for projectiles, but I feel in melee, they drag fights out too long and slow gameplay down too much. (especially in FFA) I know I have a secondary, but my rant isn’t about not being able to kill the shield user so much as it is how annoying I find shields to be… Just quit hiding behind that stupid wall of iron and face me like a real man! :x

• Just quit hiding behind that stupid wall of iron and face me like a real man! :x

agreedXD

but srsly shields are really easy to overcome its actual fun to do it.

i mean you can jump over it or attack the sides with a stab. even the damn tut tells about it.

• @Thorendir:

Just quit hiding behind that stupid wall of iron and face me like a real man! :x

agreedXD

but srsly shields are really easy to overcome its actual fun to do it.

i mean you can jump over it or attack the sides with a stab. even the damn tut tells about it.

If I get overly irritated with shield users, I light them on fire, die, then light them on fire again, repeat until they rage at me for it then I explain that they are girlscouts for using tower shields.