Suggestion: Level caps/balances on servers.

• I know ranks don’t really mean a whole lot in this game, but if a guy is rank 30+, then you know they’ve put a lot of time and effort into the game and are probably pretty great by this point and so although they may not have a physical advantage as such, I still generally have no chance at all being under level five with barely a grasp on the system. You could argue it’s all part of the game but I can’t currently grasp or learn the game, because I’m dying so often. And I’ve seen it, it actually makes a huge difference fighting someone of a similar level and someone thirty levels higher.

I’ve tried looking around for noob specific servers, but can’t see any, so I’d love an option for server level capping, so a bunch of vets can all have a great game together and us noobs can practice with one another without some level 30 charging around killing all of us before we get a chance.

The other idea would be maybe an autobalance thing too, I’ve been in three v three games in the past, team battles where level fifteen pluses have all gone on the same team as one another against a bunch of under fives, just for easy kills, this seems stupidly easy to exploit. So I think if the collective rank of one team, is over double the collective rank of the other, the ranks should be mixed.

I just want something where I can play people of my skill, to naturally progress and learn the game.

• My tip to you is pick a class you enjoy, and stick to that class until you have assimilated its timing, reach, etc. As you are playing against opponents of superior skill, and you know to use your class well, you will know what is going on, why are you dying, why are you killing, and you will get much better at the game.

Playing against a bunch of noobs will be fun as you can beat them, but you will learn nothing from those games.

• Perhaps, but I still learn less from people with thirty ranks higher. I give it a go and they simply block every move I make, before finally killing me. At least someone of similar skill gives me a chance to test out kick timing, help me practice my block accuracy and timing. I don’t get a chance to do anything against the level thirties.

• @Samcro:

Perhaps, but I still learn less from people with thirty ranks higher. I give it a go and they simply block every move I make, before finally killing me. At least someone of similar skill gives me a chance to test out kick timing, help me practice my block accuracy and timing. I don’t get a chance to do anything against the level thirties.

If it’s a team-based game mode, why take us them on one on one?

• @ReMixx:

@Samcro:

Perhaps, but I still learn less from people with thirty ranks higher. I give it a go and they simply block every move I make, before finally killing me. At least someone of similar skill gives me a chance to test out kick timing, help me practice my block accuracy and timing. I don’t get a chance to do anything against the level thirties.

If it’s a team-based game mode, why take us them on one on one?

What do you mean? I don’t choose to stand alone, or to fight together, I don’t have friends who play this game and I’ve only just started so I’m not in a clan so how it turns out is circumstance.

• Thats another good strategy. You follow the guy on top of the scoreboard, and try to assist him in battle. You gonna help him dominate even more, and he will get you out of sticky situations.

• I’d be too frightened of the awful input delay causing me to kill the guy on my team, rather than who we are fighting, accidents happen but if they’re the top of the board, I don’t wanna piss them off.

• As a pub smasher, I oppose division of rank. If I couldn’t go crush new players, I probably wouldn’t have near as much fun with this game.

• @Slaughtervomit:

As a pub smasher, I oppose division of rank. If I couldn’t go crush new players, I probably wouldn’t have near as much fun with this game.

And this, as a new player, is everything that stops me having fun in this game. This kind of eltist bullshit is what turned me away from a lot of other online games.

• @Samcro:

@Slaughtervomit:

As a pub smasher, I oppose division of rank. If I couldn’t go crush new players, I probably wouldn’t have near as much fun with this game.

And this, as a new player, is everything that stops me having fun in this game. This kind of eltist bullshit is what turned me away from a lot of other online games.

I am not elitist, I just enjoy smashing people. If I was elitist, I would think i am too good to play with newbies and play only in competitive games.

I’m sorry if I come across as “elitist”, I am just a guy who loves to smash people with his maul, and new players smash so much easier. ;)

• Shouldn’t really bother you. So what if a guy gets his jollies limiting himself to games with new people. I personally love games that are stacked against me and tend to leave games or switch sides if we are dominating.

I thoroughly enjoy playing with skilled players with this game. I’ve only played this game for maybe 2 weeks. I improve everyday and was surprisingly decent at this game out the box. Try joining the servers that are FFA and with few players and experiment. You know what kind of player you are. Find the class and wpn that matches it and you will excel and adapt. I highly doubt you want to stay noobish at this game. Your growth in this game is hampered by playing at your skill level. You develop bad habits and think you’re the business. If anything, you should be seeking a challenge. In all honestly “get better” applies to this.

You can always make your own server and boot out anyone that kills you.

• How can I control the fact that MOST people are going to be below my rank?

• But I’m never at my skill level, that is kind of the point here. I’m always outmatched, always. Maybe once you’re at rank ten they shouldn’t cap it or whatever but as a new player I find this game so unfriendly. It’d be nice for the first few ranks to test the water with people of your skill because right now I’m so hopelessly outmatched, dying so often, I feel like I’m learning nothing and the occasional moment where I have an epic duel with someone of my skill level, is the rare moment where I feel rewarded.

• Instead of limiting so much I would love to see a separate game mode for noobs where they would use only wooden training weapons in a training area.

I think it would be funny, creative and a blast for newcomers.

Feed back?

• @ZorisX:

Instead of limiting so much I would love to see a separate game mode for noobs where they would use only wooden training weapons in a training area.

Feed back?

This could work, although the transition from wooden training to full combat might be worse than just being thrown in the thick of it at the start.

• @Samcro:

@ZorisX:

Instead of limiting so much I would love to see a separate game mode for noobs where they would use only wooden training weapons in a training area.

Feed back?

This could work, although the transition from wooden training to full combat might be worse than just being thrown in the thick of it at the start.

Certainly true. Learning the hard way is usually the best way.

I’m just trying to provide more examples of ways to include content while educating players and making a laugh or two out of it.

As you can see on the forums there still advanced and premature players still learning and discovering. I would hope to include more of this :)

• Yeah, it’s tricky, because you’re always gonna tread on someone’s toes, it’s just whose toes you’re willing to tread on. The game gets easier every day but I’m still more frustrated than entertained at my current rank of four (lol). I just would have liked training wheels for a while before I got thrown into an arena with people who have been playing it since the beta. You learn nothing from dying, spawning then dying again - playing people of your skill is beneficial to enjoyable progression until you have a firm grasp of the basics. This is a gloriously deep combat system, I just wish I had more of a chance to explore it.

• To be honest a rank of 4 is so minimal. What I would recommend so that you don’t get pummeled is to join a small free for all or objective based.only games so that you have more room your yourself across the battlefield .

My friends have recently started playing this and are at rank 10 just by playing for a few evenings with new once I get off work.

Almost rank 18 here.

• I have attempted to stick with objective based games because they aren’t singularly about killing the other players, so I can help the team and have purpose on the battlefield

• @Samcro:

I have attempted to stick with objective based games because they aren’t singularly about killing the other players, so I can help the team and have purpose on the battlefield

I make every gametype singularly about killing players. Objective simply ensure the enemy will be generally around a certain area. :lol: