Map idea - Ocean battle

• We all just love how you die when you fall in the water, or off a cliff. why not off a boat? wearing all that armor and think you have a chance to swim? nope.

Each side are trying to capture a ship containing valuable loot both sides could use to fund their war against the other. KOTH type map with a twist.

Each side spawns on a boat with the target in the middle, and 3 ramps from each side leading to the boat to be captured. Each boat also has cannons that would require time to load, aim, ignite and fire.

so each side has two ways to win, capture the ship, or destroy the other teams boat.

just a random brain fart. feel free to shoot down/elaborate on it.

• there are no cannons in this era maybe only oxybeles

• @Easterlake:

there are no cannons in this era maybe only oxybeles

What are the ships shooting at the coast in Hillside then during the last objective?

• @Easterlake:

there are no cannons in this era maybe only oxybeles

Cannons were in use in the Medieval era starting in the early to mid 1200s.

Even still, you could use ballistas

• uhmm lemme say

I LOVE IT

and no no shooting down boats they are like the only way to get from your spawn to the objective.
    epic seafight awaits lads! GET ON THE BOATS!

• Naval battles always make for fun and entertaining maps. I approve of this idea!

• That would be fun!

As long as I don’t get seasick… >.>

• @Kimiko:

That would be fun!

Which means the goal of the map is to get her seasick.

Challenge accepted!

• @ReMixx:

@Kimiko:

That would be fun!

Which means the goal of the map is to get her seasick.

Challenge accepted!

a persistent rocking motion would make things all that much more fun :D

• This reminds me of pirate wars for counter-strike: source! In my opinion, it would port very well to chivalry and make for an interesting game mode :)

• Such meanies…

cries

• 1This would be fun!

• @Newf:

a persistent rocking motion would make things all that much more fun :D

^This. Kinda like when waves crash on the last part of Hillside, not persistent, but once in a while, or when boats collide, allowing players to board.

• Glad a few of you like the idea. I think it could be quite fun too. the rocking motion would REALLY throw off archers, so spam wouldn’t be an issue. However, how funny would it be to have the boat rock just enough to get you shot in the face with an arrow at the worst possible time :D

Another mechanic I just thought of would be to have to steer the ships as well, like how you aim siege weapons.

the map could start out with each team on board their ship, at a distance away from the capture point. and as pushing a cart, the more people on the trigger area, the faster the ship moves.

Of course, the ships would be far enough away from each other for archers (longbow) to be able to hit the other ship. so there’s a whole matter of a team makeup so that you have enough people to move the ship, yet enough archers to hope to hinder the other ships movement.

this popped into my head when I thought of the Balloon Race map on TF2 :)

• The map idea sounds fun, but I dont really like the concept of having cannons in the game. Its called chivalry for a reason.

• @Wingy:

The map idea sounds fun, but I dont really like the concept of having cannons in the game. Its called chivalry for a reason.

What’s blasting the coast in the last objective of Hillside??? :x

• @ReMixx:

@Wingy:

The map idea sounds fun, but I dont really like the concept of having cannons in the game. Its called chivalry for a reason.

Those are humungous combustible spit wads being fired by trained straw fighters.

There is a mod for battlefield 1942 that had epic sea battles featuring pirates (they have one for BF2 as well now) I loved the huge sea battles and have been waiting for some time for a game that properly emulates those magnificent ship to ship showdowns you see in the movies.

Perhaps this belongs in a mod. or perhaps this is not the right place at all. but should someone choose to create a glorious sea battle map/mod/whatever, you will have a lot of happy campers over here.

• @King:

@ReMixx:

@Wingy:

Those are humungous combustible spit wads being fired by trained straw fighters.

Oohhhh! DUH! :x

• @ReMixx:

@Wingy:

Totally Not Cannons.

• @Wingy:

@ReMixx:

@Wingy:

Totally Not Cannons.

railguns