[SOLVED] Game won't launch

• I’ve had a new rig for about a week now, I waited for steam to get back to me which took them five days and they passed me off with the usual.

Attached is my DxDiag, if anyone can help then that would be awesome!

It’s really hacking me off that I haven’t been able to play after buying the game a week ago…

Thanks for any support you guys provide :)

• Hello,

Would you please be a bit more descriptive of your problem? Is the game crashing? Or does it just not open after you click “Play” in Steam with no indication of a failure of any kind?

• Well when I boot it up my steam icon goes green, then the Initial set up begins after turning the UAC settings off. Then once its done the 3 of 3 my steam icon goes back to blue and poof the Steam sale/MOTD pops up as if i’ve closed the program down myself. However when I tried booting the UDK file before I came up with the error message of

““UDK.exe - Bad Image”
    C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx11_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.”

I’ve followed each of the support steps that the steam technician recommended for me to do.

Below is the reply in which they sent to me and none of the below worked.

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

If you are currently running Vista or Windows 7, please complete the instructions in the following link:

Title: Windows 7 and Vista Troubleshooting
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti … -IFHZ-2170

If you are running in Windows XP, take the following steps:

1. Exit Steam.
    2. Go to the “Start” menu, select “Run”, type “regedit” and click “OK”.
    3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VALVE
    4. Right click and select “Permissions”
    5. Check the “Allow” boxes for “Admin” and “System” for both “Full control” and “Read”.

The remaining steps apply to all versions of Windows.

Please also verify the GCF for this game as outlined here:

Title: Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF)
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti … -QEUH-3335

Note: Files may fail to verify. This is normal and can be ignored.

Then test the issue.

If you still have difficulty, you may also need to manually run secondary installers required by this game.

Exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your Chivalry: Medieval Warfare installation folder (Usually C:\Program files\Steam\Steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare)

Run the following installers:

…\Steamapps\Common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\vcredist.exe
    …\Steamapps\Common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutown\DXSETUP.exe

Reboot your computer and test the issue again.

If the issues persist, please complete these guides:

Title: This game is currently unavailable
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti … -WEXN-6831

Title: Games do not run after ‘Preparing to Launch’
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti … -USFX-5568

Further technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the instructions below to contact the support provider to troubleshoot this issue:

Title: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti … -RTAZ-8031"

• @ACE_BUSTOR:

““UDK.exe - Bad Image”
    C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3dx11_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.”

Okay let’s tackle this. Find the d3dx11_43.dll in the system32 folder. Move it to another folder (like your desktop or home folder) to keep it as a backup. Then run the DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown.

• Okay so I did the above, I moved the file to the desktop launched DXSETUP.exe and still nothing. Personally I think it’s a glitch with Windows 8.

• I just really want to play this game.

• http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=227372

Maybe that’ll help you.
    The game doesn’t not have any issues with Windows 8.

• @ACE_BUSTOR:

Okay so I did the above, I moved the file to the desktop launched DXSETUP.exe and still nothing. Personally I think it’s a glitch with Windows 8.

Same error?

• That’s interesting in the article that the programmer just linked me too it mentioned bullguard, which is the same AV that I have so i’m going to remove bullguard and add avg on see how that goes. I tried downloading the items from microsoft and i’ve had no luck whilst bullguard was in action. If someone would like to remote assist me then I’m willing to.

• Mmm this Bullguard may be interfering with DirectX from properly installing.

• I tried again using avg and still the same problem I’ve turned USC settings off it goes through the preliminary setup but then doesn’t appear and closes down, if someone can tell me how to do a launch log to submit them that would be great.

• @ACE_BUSTOR:

I tried again using avg and still the same problem I’ve turned USC settings off it goes through the preliminary setup but then doesn’t appear and closes down, if someone can tell me how to do a launch log to submit them that would be great.

Launch.log can be found here (if you’ve successfully launched the game before): Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs.

• Ah, we’ll the furthest I’ve ever got is 3 of 3 on the initialising screens for the initial setup.

• @ACE_BUSTOR:

Ah, we’ll the furthest I’ve ever got is 3 of 3 on the initialising screens for the initial setup.

Usually this problem is because it’s not able to run the redistributable files correctly.

For sanity check, can you try running the two vcredist files and the DXSETUP.exe again? Also try running them as administrator.

• Okay, when I’m able to I’ll try running as an admin.
    I’ll even record it whilst I’m doing it, if not then I’m going to grab the files off of my rubbish computer and see if it will play on that one.
    Thanks for your help so far.

• OKay running as an admin must haave worked, Now I’ve got another file in which it is saying cannot run. Yet another .dll file this time it’s XAPOFX1_5.dll I have not got a clue what this one does as of yet however i’m going to try and find out but in the meanwhile if someone has an idea then throw it my way :D

• I’ve now fixed the problem, thank you for all of your help ReMixx!

• @ACE_BUSTOR:

I’ve now fixed the problem, thank you for all of your help ReMixx!

Awesome! Glad that it works for you now! See you on the battlefield. :k1:

• I re-installed in admin mode then extracted the XAPOFX1_5.dll from the Redist folder. I’ve Posted a separate troubleshooter on the forum :D