Show Assists on the Leaderboard

• Well? Why wouldn’t this be good?

• I am of the personal opinion that the scoreboard should only show score, and that the other personal stats including kills and deaths should only be confined to the bottom panel.

• @SlyGoat:

I am of the personal opinion that the scoreboard should only show score, and that the other personal stats including kills and deaths should only be confined to the bottom panel.

I agree with this. In AoC, it did show assists, but I kind of like how it looks in Chiv now. It’s much neater looking and you can still see your assists. I can understand why wanting to have them though. I’m actually fine either way, but slightly prefer how it is now as I’m already used to it ;)

• You can click a player’s name in the scoreboard to view his detailed stats, by the way.

• @SlyGoat:

You can click a player’s name in the scoreboard to view his detailed stats, by the way.

cool tip didn’t know that

I agree that the scoreboard should just show what relates to score. If assists played into your score then it would make more sense. Consider that often times simpler is better when it comes to displaying quick stats.

And besides, who cares about score anyways? ;)

• I don’t think score means much–at least not to me (or to new people I think). I know what someone 5-1-1 means, but I don’t know what a score of 135 points means.

One good thing about points though is that for team objective mode, people get points for things besides kills and assists–which incentivizes people to complete goals and not just kill.

For assists if a guy is 13-1-0 he’s getting a lot of kills but no assists, maybe someone 1-1-13 is doing well helping the team, but doesnt expose himself to danger. Someone 1-12-13 is dying a lot, but helping way more than just his K/D would indicate. And I think assists do currently count for your score…

• I think the scoreboard should depend on the gametype.
    On TO I don’t care about kills or assists, so it should only show the overall score, in LTS or TDM it should show the kills, deaths and the assists.

• @SlyGoat:

You can click a player’s name in the scoreboard to view his detailed stats, by the way.

You do know how lazy these gamers are, right? ;)

• @afiNity:

I think the scoreboard should depend on the gametype.
    On TO I don’t care about kills or assists, so it should only show the overall score, in LTS or TDM it should show the kills, deaths and the assists.

this makes sense!

• @SlyGoat:

I am of the personal opinion that the scoreboard should only show score, and that the other personal stats including kills and deaths should only be confined to the bottom panel.

I must agree. It’s a small change, but it does encourage players to play less for kills, which results in more teamplay. It’s a positive net effect.