My First Car. Canadian Edition

• I’m 23 and I’m trying to get my first car. I can get together around 3000 for one but I also want something thats quality as well. Looking at getting a Crown Victoria Panther around 2003 - 2006.

My biggest question is if I should use the available funds for a down payment on a credit loan monthly or just buyout for a lesser quality. ?

What about car auctions? How do they work and do you have any advice?

I know this is.Chivalry but its also an off topic section with a great crowd.

Thanks for feed back!

• I would immho sire suggest a Reliant Robin Bright Orange in color , An Archers favorite mode of transport btw.
    you would be surprised at how nippy these little fellows are and they do hold 4 Archers also a bonus !
    The Euro Archers esp love this model and color :D

• Your welcome.

• Moosed interesting, is that Kimiko’s ride =p

• You calling kimibro fat because she rides a moose?

• @Sir:

You calling kimibro fat because she rides a moose?

Nah Kimibrah hoists brah.

Imagine the couched lance damage from that… (M&B reference)

• Ugh… You people…

My opinion: don’t burden yourself with monthly payments unless you are sure you have a good steady source of income. If you are in school and only work part-time then try to buyout up front.

Auctions are a reliable way to do this, but make sure you know what you are getting for your money. Inspect If you can and don’t over bid.

• What the hell happened to my topic?! Haha

Thanks man. If I ever do monthly I I’m going to try and get a fat down for low monthly.

I’m wondering if I should bank loan it or go through the retailer

• @loin:

Moosed interesting, is that Kimiko’s ride =p

Why???

@Sir:

You calling kimibro fat because she rides a moose?

I see this name is sticking for good xP

@ReMixx:

Nah Kimibrah hoists brah.

Wat.

@ZorisX:

What the hell happened to my topic?! Haha

You were doomed as soon as you attempted to post :P

In any case, I agree with Blindga. Don’t even worry about the payment option. It’ll just haunt you forever, if you aren’t able to pay it off. If you decide to buy on the lower end of $3000, then if you can save up and either just pay all of it, or like you said a fat down payment, then it won’t be so bad. The sooner it’s paid off, the better. I have no idea about car auctions, but if they are anything like housing auctions, then I’m sure it’s worth looking into.

Good luck!

• @Sir:

Your welcome.

I’d hit it.

• @Kimiko:

I have no idea about car auctions, but if they are anything like housing auctions, then I’m sure it’s worth looking into.

Good luck!

Indeed. My sister’s first car was an auction win. About 3000 dollars for a low-quality used one. Bare minimum in comfort and accessories, but it was still a car, and it held up for a good three years before falling into disrepair. Would definitely recommend OP consider looking at an auction if he hasn’t already found a deal.

• The car I’m trying to get is a cop car crown victoria. I hope I can find a good auction price for them though. Do you think they would let me test drive? Any stories of auction?

• Read, and be prepared before diving in:
    http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/artic … 1295&vf=15

• @ZorisX:

The car I’m trying to get is a cop car crown victoria. I hope I can find a good auction price for them though. Do you think they would let me test drive? Any stories of auction?

Eh… I doubt you’ll get to test drive at an auction. Not unless your good friends with the seller or something.

• @Kimiko:

Read, and be prepared before diving in:
    http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/artic … 1295&vf=15

My car is not on that site :(

• Lol, it was just info, nothing more :P

• I’m confused lol

Ohhhh I see.

The site doesn’t have my car cause I’m in canada and we use different vehicles. I already know all the information about the car cause I’ve owned it before :)

Thanks though and thanks for the feedback everyone!

• @ZorisX:

I’m confused lol

Me too >.>

Basically, it was just information on what to look for in car auctions and how they work I think… First link I found lol

• When I’m home and not using my phone to browse the forums I’ll double check it out