Snow maps

• I was thinking that maybe there could be some winter versions of the existing maps? Snow all around, you can see your the blood and your footprints in the snow and your breath.

What do you guys think? Or what do you suggest?

• I like this, except the hypothermia idea, it would be a game braking feature.

• Yeah, maybe the hypothermia is a bit too much, it’s also more of a punishment for those who can survive long.

• Why would you punish someone who survived a long time?

• It was a remark i made for the idea of giving symptoms of hypthermia to players that live long not being that good an idea :) that’s why i agree with you ;)

• I think that snow would be great for aesthetic reasons, but not to add game elements like hypothermia or sliding on ice, or in the snow. I think that brand new snow levels would be good too. I really liked the snow level on AoC where you had to blow up supplies in the enemy camp.

• Yeah I’m going to edit the hypothermia thing out, after Metrocp’s remark i thought about it again and i don’t like it either :-P

• @KingOfPolarBears:

I was thinking that maybe there could be some winter versions of the existing maps? Snow all around, you can see your the blood and your footprints in the snow and your breath.

What do you guys think? Or what do you suggest?

YOU KNOW WHAT, that’s actually a really good idea, snow maps, and rain, so much rain, that it reduces your visability that fixes the archers >.> i think we have a rain system, but we need thick heavy rain :D and fog !

• I’d love to see some different weather maps like snow or thunderstorm but wouldn’t you rather have new maps instead of remakes of existing ones?

• Amazing suggestion!!

• @JVC:

I’d love to see some different weather maps like snow or thunderstorm but wouldn’t you rather have new maps instead of remakes of existing ones?

well yeah, but if we want new maps especially designed for winter gameplay we’ll have to wait a long time because they’re probably working hard on the new content right now. And since making a whole new map takes less time than introducing snow and such in an existing one (or at least i think so), maybe we’ll get to see it sooner, if they think this is a good suggestion of course.

• There may be a snow map coming sooner than you think ;)

Also, AoC had two snow maps, and Siege in particular was one of the oldest/most popular maps, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a version of it in the future.

KjLV6070Tws

6sEklc8TSvU

• Blood and guts splattering onto the snow, severed heads rolling down hills forming giant snowballs, and your junk freezing to your codpiece? sounds excellent :D

• Snow textures/sprites are already in the game files. Lots of goodies in there if you’re willing to look ;)

• Could draw some inspiration from Medieval II Total War. Plenty of room to draw some map ideas from.

• Love this suggestion. Please, Torn Banner? =)