Taunt Buff

• currently taunt is just for laughs.

i would like to see a practical use for taunts.

e.g. for vanguard sprint attack - they can do sprint attack with no damage buff or if they press taunt before they release the sprint attack they get the damage buff at the cost of yelling something letting people know they are coming.

e.g. man at arms - the only character that can break out of a standing taunt using quick dodge. thus the taunt can be a true bait/taunt.

e.g. archer - taunt only if close to enemy (within 10 metres) will buff next melee swing. (buff runs out if you swing and miss or after 5 seconds)

e.g. knight - taunt buffs allies defence if near you (only if they are within 5m, when you taunt. they dont have to remain within 5m but the buff only lasts 15 seconds).

the reason for all the conditions is to make taunt beneficial but only if done near enemies, or to stop pre taunting buffing)

• While I don’t exactly agree with a unique buff to each class that differs I do think a little buff all around would be interesting.

Have taunting just give you a quick speed boost for a few seconds. That way (Specially in dueling matches) when two players taunt each other, they’ll strike fast and hard. Could even be easily explained. Face to face with the enemy and you taunt? Your adrenaline goes up and you have that quick burst of speed/energy

Of course this works just fine with all classes, even the archer at close quarters. But at far range, what would it really do? A slight automatic zoom and the arrow fire just a hair faster?

• I’m against this idea, and I believe that the taunts should be just that. Taunts, not buffs of some kind.

• @SharpshotSid:

I’m against this idea, and I believe that the taunts should be just that. Taunts, not buffs of some kind.

This.

• I think it’s fine the way it is. Silliness is what it is… And some of those voices… lol

• They already do in a way… tell me it isn’t easier to fight with your allies yelling behind you!

• @grappo:

They already do in a way… tell me it isn’t easier to fight with your allies yelling behind you!

Lol kind of a morale booster, perhaps? Or a teamwork “let’s do this” thingy.

• I would like to see a moral venue in place where it would be supplied by shouts.

Although I guess there are many many other factors within the game right need to be balanced before this would be added.

The voices are great but I notice a few of the options for the knight are still missing….is it just me?

• @SharpshotSid:

I’m against this idea, and I believe that the taunts should be just that. Taunts, not buffs of some kind.

This. We don’t need ANY buffs or “perks” or “extra damage” Just have the players and their skill determine the outcome.