Setting up a Dedicated Server
Martin last edited by
Setting up an Age of Chivalry Dedicated Server:
Ports that need to be open/forwarded:
UDP 1200 (Friends Network)
UDP 27000 to 27015 (Gameport)
TCP 27030 to 27039
TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)
1. Download the HLDS Update Tool from here
2. Run the installer, set the installation directory to C:\srcds and complete installation.
3. Open Command Prompt and type:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game ageofchivalry -dir C:\srcds\aocsrv1
4. Wait for the program to grab the Age of Chivalry Dedicated Server files. Once it’s complete, run step 3 again just to be sure you have everything. Depending on your internet connection, it could take up to an hour to grab the files.
5. We need to create a bat file to run the server now. Open notepad and add the following:
C:\srcds\aocsrv1\orangebox\srcds.exe -console -game ageofchivalry -port 27015 +maxplayers 24 +map aoc_battleground
Save the file as aocsrv1.bat (ensuring the extension is .bat)
6. Run the bat file, this should start your server.
Installing MetaMod:Source & Sourcemod
1. Download the latest MetaMod: Source here (windows): http://www.sourcemm.net/downloads/mmsou … indows.zip
2. Place the ‘addons’ folder inside the ‘orangebox\ageofchivalry’ folder.
3. Generate a VDF file here: http://www.sourcemm.net/vdf (game: Age of Chivalry, directory: ageofchivalry) and place it inside the addons folder.
4. You can test if you have installed it correctly by typing ‘meta list’ in the server console. It should not return unknown command. If it does, check you have placed the folders in the right locations.
5. Download the latest SourceMod here: http://www.sourcemod.net/downloads.php
6. Place the ‘addons’ and ‘cfg’ folder inside the ‘orangebox\ageofchivalry’ folder.
7. Start your server and type ‘meta list’ in the server console, this should return SourceMod if it is working correctly.
If there are any issues or further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
gB last edited by
Thanks for this Blaine!
I followed the instructions but my server is not showing in the list.
p.s. Firewall is off