Throat cuts, head smashing and "Let it Rain" Achivement

• First and foremost,
    Throat cutting**

Daggers and the rare cases when you only hit them with the very tip of your weapon…should it not just cut their throat and have them do a quick spray before gurgling to death instead of lopping their head off entirely? I mean yes I know it’s incredibly fun to behead someone successfully but a small hunting knife taking someone’s head off with one swing?..C’mooonnnnn
    And sure it may not be as awesome visually but I’m sure they could come up with some nice little sound effect for it to make it feel rewarding.
    (Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory anyone? That satisfying crunch in multiplayer when you break someone’s neck)

Head Smashing

I know someone like the man at arms or archer being hit in the head with a Maul should smash it. That I feel is fine. And I also understand the difficulty of making a model of a caved in face. But say a Vanguard or Knight (They have full helmets) comes at you and you have some sort of mace, you get that killing blow and it’s an overhead onto them, would it not be reasonable to just have their helmet dented/caved in? And again, I’m sure they could work in some satisfying crunching noise to satisfy our violent appetites

It’s these kind of violent deaths that not only make the gameplay very very satisfying (cause lets face it, something like that happens to you? You want revenge) but also depicts the violent and brutal ways people died in Medieval times.

Let it Rain "Achievement"

Anyone else feel this one is kinda ridiculous?

I mean I like the other achievements, they add a little change up to the game, something to aim for, set your goal as. Even the other archer achievement, “Five Star Archer” I think is reasonable and fun to try and get. However, shoot 10,000 arrows with the shortbow? I mean yeah I know it shoots the quickest but that’s really an insane amount of arrows to fire regardless. Did they accidentally add on an extra 0? Not to mention often players I’ve seen trying to get this just spam arrows regardless if there’s a target or not. Even saw one player who was idle the entire time in spawn just firing arrows repeatedly till empty, suicided, then repeated. It’s become less of an “achievement” and more of a chore/bother it feels like for those of us who want to get them all with Chivalry.

Regardless I’m going to try and get it, even if another 0 is tacked on. It’s just I feel like they stuck this in as one of those “Oh you’ll get it eventually. Just keep playing…” achievements.
    Which I might add they already have.

Anyway I know it’s not likely but who knows, maybe they’ll change it for something more fun.

• Fire 100 arrows in a single match/life (Make archers try and actually stay alive? )

• Achieve 10 kill shots at long range using only the shortbow (Set a minimum distance the arrow has to travel for it to count)

• You make a valid argument for your third point but I still disagree. This is a lifetime achievement award for the archer it shouldn’t be something that you can do in a day or just an evening playing the game.
    As it stands anyone who has it can use it as a badge of honor to show how dedicated they are to the archer and the short bow.

• @Sir:

You make a valid argument for your third point but I still disagree. This is a lifetime achievement award for the archer it shouldn’t be something that you can do in a day or just an evening playing the game.
    As it stands anyone who has it can use it as a badge of honor to show how dedicated they are to the archer and the short bow.

what about archers who actually dont like the shortbow? Im not saying its a bad weapon, its actually very good, but I prefer to land the projectiles who hurts the most so I prefer the Warbow and the crossbows in general, and im probably not the only one. It does feel like chore (I barely even started it and archer is my favorite and most played class). If you are going to make such a long time achievement like that for the archer, make it for the archer, not for the shortbowman. Make it so that you have to shoot 10000 projectiles as an archer. it doesnt make the name “Let it rain” seem any less appropriate and it doesnt make the achievement any easier, it just opens it up a bit, and I wouldnt even mind if it was 15000 projectiles instead, at booping least I would see an actual progression.

• I’m in agreement it should be for all projectiles. But more importantly I feel they should fix it…currently the achievement is bugged and I wasted 2 hours firing away at enemies with the shortbow only to have it raise from 604 to 607.

• I’d love to see more gore too. That’s one of the things I really love about this game. It’s so clean and “chivalry”, untill someones face get’s bashed in and he lies gurgling on the floor :D
    Nothing more fun after a long days work ;-)

• More and better detailed gore is allways a good thing for games like this. I would love to see many more death blows such as broken limbs and even more ways of chopping people up. As for the achivement I dont realy care.

• 10,000 arrows is actually not that hard. Assuming you can fire one every 3 seconds, since they don’t even have to hit anything, it would take about 9 hours of non-stop firing to get the achievement. Not exactly fun, but it’s most certainly doable over the course of a few months; which is what it is intended for. A long term achievement.

• @UnknownXV:

10,000 arrows is actually not that hard. Assuming you can fire one every 3 seconds, since they don’t even have to hit anything, it would take about 9 hours of non-stop firing to get the achievement. Not exactly fun, but it’s most certainly doable over the course of a few months; which is what it is intended for. A long term achievement.

It’s a lot when the arrows don’t count =[

I wasted 2 hours of non-stop firing. If an enemy wasn’t there? I fired off into the sky towards them in hopes of hitting someone. Actually did a few times too. But after those 2 hours, I exit the game by waiting until the new round starts, THEN exiting and closing the game from the menu. I go to check how many I’ve gotten and of course…it’s bugged.

2 hours, non stop shooting
    Went from 604 - 607