Swinging with spears

• I’m sure that if you’ve played Chivalry for more than a few hours you would have come across a spear swinger. Or maybe you’re one of them. :|

Why is swinging with spears so powerful? You can smash a head open with a swing, even against vanguards… Something tells me that this isn’t working.

pls explen

• The swing of the spear really isn’t that strong (compared to some of those other weapons). 40 damage with the spear and 50 with the brandistock.

The only time I ever swing with the spear is to get those pesky man at arms or archers away from me if they get right in my face, or sometimes it works against shielded knights as well, if I twist away.

BUT, if anyone is severely injured, a nice slash will lop off their head. lol Otherwise, I’m all about the stabs.

• Yeah, the spear class weaponry simply isn’t that effective with the swing. :P

Not only that, but they can’t do swing combos, so it’s pretty predictable. Just the same slow and repeated left-to-right swing.

• @Derpasaur:

Yeah, the spear class weaponry simply isn’t that effective with the swing. :P

Not only that, but they can’t do swing combos, so it’s pretty predictable. Just the same slow and repeated left-to-right swing.

I know right? Lol so sad… no swinging/slash-spammy combos :<

• Hitting someone with a heavy stick is still going to hurt ;)

Wait 'til the quarterstaff is added, it’s nothing but stick.

• @SlyGoat:

Hitting someone with a heavy stick is still going to hurt ;)

Is that confirmed? I would love to go all Friar Tuck (you) on someone’s behind.

• @manic:

@SlyGoat:

Not confirmed, but it was mentioned as a possible new weapon in the first Q&A. The only definitely confirmed new weapon is the flail - Tibbs has mentioned there are already several others in the works though.

• @SlyGoat:

@manic:

@SlyGoat:

Not confirmed, but it was mentioned as a possible new weapon in the first Q&A. The only definitely confirmed new weapon is the flail - Tibbs has mentioned there are already several others in the works though.

-give us firearrows!
    -give us burning spears of doom +1!
    -give is burning men-without-arms!

• The only reason I would ever use the swing is with a jumping backpedal if two people were madly swinging at me, or for mindgames.

• @Kimiko:

The swing of the spear really isn’t that strong (compared to some of those other weapons). 40 damage with the spear and 50 with the brandistock.

The only time I ever swing with the spear is to get those pesky man at arms or archers away from me if they get right in my face, or sometimes it works against shielded knights as well, if I twist away.

BUT, if anyone is severely injured, a nice slash will lop off their head. lol Otherwise, I’m all about the stabs.

It never seemed that strong to me, then again I played with spears for like two days and after unlocking them all I switched back to polearms. The fact that you cannot combo LMB would be a strong argument for increasing the damage of a spear swing. I never actually swing with spears, stabby stab all the way 8-)

• @Aisar:

@Kimiko:

The swing of the spear really isn’t that strong (compared to some of those other weapons). 40 damage with the spear and 50 with the brandistock.

It never seemed that strong to me, then again I played with spears for like two days and after unlocking them all I switched back to polearms. The fact that you cannot combo LMB would be a strong argument for increasing the damage of a spear swing. I never actually swing with spears, stabby stab all the way 8-)

The extremely long range of a spear is good for getting around shields or to flinch a strafing MAA.

• Guilty as charged. Usually to change up my attack angle or speed while 1v1.