Crash on startup

• I’m hesitant to post something like this since I always feel like I missed a post that had a fix to my problem, but here goes.

I got Chivalry on Steam about a week ago, and and have yet to be able to play it. Every time I start the game up, it freezes immediately after the little splash art banner that first pops up. I’ve tried several fixes that I can’t even remember at this point. I’ll just take a few minutes reading throguh recent threads and mention things I’ve tried.

Verifying game cache
    DXSetup and both vcredist.exe’s
    Adding -novid and changing the resolution with Set Launch Options

Okay, I’ve done a lot more than just that, but after spending roughly seven or eight hours on this over the past week, I really don’t want to continue searching through the forums. Granted, much of that time was spent simply yelling at my monitor, hoping to scare it into submission, but still…

Also, I’ve not been able to find a way to retrieve the launch.log file, but I did get the dxdiag, if that helps.

• Hi DimplyPack,

Unfortunately, you have a single-core processor. Chivalry requires at least a dual-core processor to play. Sorry, but you will not be able to run Chivalry on that CPU. :(

• Well, that sucks, but thank you for replying.

Should that be the only hardware issue then? If I get a processor, like the following, everything should work?

AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6410D AD3400OJHXBOX
    (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106014)

I’d rather not have to spend more on this, but I guess a better processor will help with other things.

• @DimplyPack:

Well, that sucks, but thank you for replying.

Should that be the only hardware issue then? If I get a processor, like the following, everything should work?

AMD A4-3400 Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 65W Dual-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD 6410D AD3400OJHXBOX
    (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819106014)

I’d rather not have to spend more on this, but I guess a better processor will help with other things.

Well your 9400GT is also on the low side. You’d probably have to play with the graphics settings on low.