Unstable ping

• Hi love the game but I’m having a problem that’s making the game almost unplayable, I’m located in Australia so plenty of low ping servers to choose from that state around 60 ping before i join them however in game my ping hovers around anywhere between 130 and frequently ( mostly in battle) spikes to around 400 to 500 wich is game very choppy and hard to counter other players attacks. there’s no one else sharing my adsl 2 connection and in counterstrike i get a stable ping of 45 even with 32 players. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

• Hi Kinz,

Would you please remove the line “Suppress=DevOnline” from your UDKEngine.ini found in C:\Users\dan\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, play the game on a server where you encounter this issue, then exit the game cleanly and then attach your Launch.log (found here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs) in a reply to this thread? Thanks!

• Since recently me and a mate are experiencing random lags on many servers. It is not connection related and not pc related but I don’t know if it is the game or the servers.
    Does this logging affect the performance?

• @Effect:

Since recently me and a mate are experiencing random lags on many servers. It is not connection related and not pc related but I don’t know if it is the game or the servers.
    Does this logging affect the performance?

Not really, no.

• Followed your instructions as requested here is my launch log file.thanks

• @Kinz:

Followed your instructions as requested here is my launch log file.thanks

I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary there. I’m not sure what it could be. You can close Chivalry and open Counter-Strike and have great pings right off the bat?

• yep all day every day and no choppyness at all and no one calls me a lagger.

• so that’s it? no suggestions? I know I’m not the only one who’s experiencing this problem.