Cant get any servers to come up

• Purchased this game today. Servers worked fine earlier today and now nothing will come up in the list. I tried to do everything in the sticky post to no avail. I also disabled all virus stuff to see if that was causing it and its not.

• Some people have said that they needed to wait longer than usual for the servers to show up recently. Try waiting 5+ minutes? Sorry for the inconvenience!

• @ReMixx:

Some people have said that they needed to wait longer than usual for the servers to show up recently. Try waiting 5+ minutes? Sorry for the inconvenience!

They came up like lightning earlier today. Ive watited pretty long with nothing.
    Ill try again I guess.

• 7 mins nothing

• @vodoo:

7 mins nothing

It’s not a waiting issue. I am having the exact same issue and have tried most of the suggestions. It looks to be client side.

• If you have a firewall activated, try to deactivate it! Also the windows firewall.

• I was having trouble as well for the last couple of days and finally i got in…it either works or it doesn’t, don’t bother waiting/clicking for hours. If it just sits there more than 10 seconds or otherwise doesn’t immediately refresh at least once upon many tries in a row, it’s not working.

Try opening the filters box in the server browser, and making sure game speed is set to 100 or higher. I had mine on <90 for some odd reason (i never changed it nor had any other filters activated, but this was the only one with a value, and i had never even noticed this filter before) and as soon as I started flipping it to other speeds it was refreshing servers.

• ReMixx did something awesome and listed all the servers up so all you have to do is click the link to join them.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082

Check them out and see if that at least works.

• I can do direct connects. They work. Just sucks because you cant see what ping they are and how many are playing etc.

I had my malware malbytes block a outgoing message to some ip by udk.exe but I have the path to the executable in the ignore list. Or so I thought??

default location right?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\udk.exe

Like I said yesterday when I bought the game I had no issue for the first time I ran it.

• @vodoo:

I can do direct connects. They work. Just sucks because you cant see what ping they are and how many are playing etc.

I had my malware malbytes block a outgoing message to some ip by udk.exe but I have the path to the executable in the ignore list. Or so I thought??

default location right?
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Win32\udk.exe

Like I said yesterday when I bought the game I had no issue for the first time I ran it.

That is the default location. You can use http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=Official&game=chivalrymedievalwarf to see how many players (although some of the player counts are still slightly inaccurate). It will also show you the location of the server so maybe that can help with judging ping?

• Ok I am onto somnething here. Like someone mentioned I had game speed set to less than 90% somehow in filters and I changed it to 100% and bam instant server list, I changed back to <90 to try and reporduce the issue and it worked(reproducing blank list) but then switching back to 100% did not fix it this time. I closed down the game then reopened it with 100% saved and then it worked. What does that setting even mean? I never changed it from 100% to 90% so it must have gotten changed on its own somehow.

• It’s how fast the game runs… > 100% gives everything super speed. <100% slows things downs. Just about all servers play at 100%.

• Ok so I did some more testing and it doesnt stop there. I think there is an issue with your filters functionality in general. I start adding more filters and eventually I can reproduce no list(with filters I know will produce results) and eventually nothing will work to get a list back except deleting the masterserver file or w/e and restarting the game. It definately seems there is an issue with your filter functionality and it doesnt look hard to reporduce if you sit there and bang on it enough.

• Also the server filters I select should sticky from load to load imo. I dont want to filter stuff everytime I open the client. I guess I can use favorites but it would be nice if the filters were persistent in that regard.

• Yeah your filters are most definately 100% jacked up. There is no rhyme or reason to it either where I can lose the list entirely.

• @vodoo:

Also the server filters I select should sticky from load to load imo. I dont want to filter stuff everytime I open the client. I guess I can use favorites but it would be nice if the filters were persistent in that regard.

The filters do save already…

Maybe you need to delete that Chiv folder from Documents\My Games if you haven’t done so to reset everything back to default.

• lol. Maybe you should just fix your game.

• they dont save and I shouldnt have to delete all my keybinds in order to get them to save to only have them not save again in the future due to garbage code. I mean honestly its really bad. The filter section of the server list is completely useless for me.

• @vodoo:

Ok I am onto somnething here. Like someone mentioned I had game speed set to less than 90% somehow in filters and I changed it to 100% and bam instant server list, I changed back to <90 to try and reporduce the issue and it worked(reproducing blank list) but then switching back to 100% did not fix it this time. I closed down the game then reopened it with 100% saved and then it worked. What does that setting even mean? I never changed it from 100% to 90% so it must have gotten changed on its own somehow.

yeah, if only you saw my post earlier…