Knight: 1h sword without shield

• For some reason it requires an unnecessarily elaborate detour in order to accomplish this. I’m also not sure why it seems like knights are forced to use both their hands with their primary swords, especially with their primary swords being a lot smaller when wielded in one hand. If they’d be the same weapon for both 2h and 1h (with realistic stats), it’d make sense a knight would have no reason to 1h a sword without a shield in the other hand.

Anyway, here’s how to do it:
    1. Have a shield equipped.
    2. Press 2, 3, 1, 1 (secondary, remove shield, primary, primary 1h).

It doesn’t have too much of a practical use, but some people may prefer it.

• @Nerfed:

For some reason it requires an unnecessarily elaborate detour in order to accomplish this. I’m also not sure why it seems like knights are forced to use both their hands with their primary swords, especially with their primary swords being a lot smaller when wielded in one hand. If they’d be the same weapon for both 2h and 1h (with realistic stats), it’d make sense a knight would have no reason to 1h a sword without a shield in the other hand.

Anyway, here’s how to do it:
    1. Have a shield equipped.
    2. Press 2, 3, 1, 1 (secondary, remove shield, primary, primary 1h).

It doesn’t have too much of a practical use, but some people may prefer it.

Ah, neat :). Never bothered to try this, actually. Thanks!

• onehanded-twohander uses the 2hand weapon stats AFAIK, does not shrink in size, and has a fairly significant practical use in the ability to use the 2hand weapon with the onehand style.

• Seems legit.

• the onhanded twohander without a shield has some really fast parry counter swings

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

onehanded-twohander uses the 2hand weapon stats AFAIK, does not shrink in size, and has a fairly significant practical use in the ability to use the 2hand weapon with the onehand style.

As far as I tested, it still does 1 handed weapon damage.

• It uses all 2h version stats, including speeds and damage, but obviously this whole way of using it is just a bug; 1h no shield has not been officially added yet.

• @Martin:

It uses all 2h version stats, including speeds and damage, but obviously this whole way of using it is just a bug; 1h no shield has not been officially added yet.

I could not seem to replicate a 2hit kill on a knight with the 1handed messer without shield, did not try other weapons though. I had someone stand still and hit them twice on the head with 1h messer overheads and he dropped to about the damage 1hand + shield would do. After regening to full, I could 2 hit him with 2handed.