Staminas effect on attacks

• Anyone else think this should be increased? As it stands it works alright to limit kicks, but that seems about all it does. Personally I’d like to see a damage modifier that reduces damage done based on how much stamina you have and the type of weapon - one handers suffering a larger penalty due to the weapons simply having less mass.

Mostly I’d like to see something brought in that reduced the amount of LMB swing spam seen from one handed weapons and the stamina system seems an ideal way to accomplish it. Two handed swing spamming is not really a big deal, slower weapons make those attacks pretty easy to deal with, but I’ve seen MAA (and even Vans) run around wildly spamming one handed swings and take out groups of players without using any other attacks, simply because the speed of the hits can essentially stun lock a player. I’d like to see more thought required using such weapons.

• You can’t combo, kick, or dodge when out of stamina, and blocking attacks staggers you (which is often abused because it allows you to be stunlocked). Being out of stamina pretty much forces you to die.

• @Nerfed:

You can’t combo, kick, or dodge when out of stamina, and blocking attacks staggers you (which is often abused because it allows you to be stunlocked). Being out of stamina pretty much forces you to die.

The problem is none of those negative effects matter to an MAA or Van (or anyone else really) spamming LMB one handed swings. They aren’t kicking, they aren’t combo-ing, they aren’t dodging. They run in and hug their target while spamming one attach type because their weapon speed is fast enough to prevent retaliation most of the time and they still only need a couple hits to kill. This works until someone gets a lucky hit or they get jumped from behind, then they respawn and do it again.

If weapons did reduced damage when low on stamina, it would encourage all players to put more thought into their strikes, as simply mashing one attack key could cause them to do virtually no damage once they are “exhausted”.

• @Qux:

@Nerfed:

You can’t combo, kick, or dodge when out of stamina, and blocking attacks staggers you (which is often abused because it allows you to be stunlocked). Being out of stamina pretty much forces you to die.

The problem is none of those negative effects matter to an MAA or Van (or anyone else really) spamming LMB one handed swings. They aren’t kicking, they aren’t combo-ing, they aren’t dodging. They run in and hug their target while spamming one attach type because their weapon speed is fast enough to prevent retaliation most of the time and they still only need a couple hits to kill. This works until someone gets a lucky hit or they get jumped from behind, then they respawn and do it again.

If weapons did reduced damage when low on stamina, it would encourage all players to put more thought into their strikes, as simply mashing one attack key could cause them to do virtually no damage once they are “exhausted”.

Not being able to dodge as a MaA is huge. You may as well be an archer that gets staggered after each block at that point. Running out of stamina definitely forces me to adjust my play a reduces killing my ability to survive greatly. For other classes, it doesn’t do much.