Rank Reset

• The first thing to note here is that this isn’t happening any more. I actually feel like a fool for not reporting this sooner, when it happened. Over a month ago I went to my parents and logged into the game from there. At that time, I was rank 28 with almost all weapons unlocked. When I logged in from the computer there, my rank and weapons reset back to 0.

At the time, I was having so much fun (and still am of course) in the game that I didn’t really think much of it. What was rank besides an e-peen measurement, right? It’s not a huge deal now either, but I admit…

I’m rank 34 now, and was wondering if there was anyway to essentially retrieve my lost ranks? I know they are merely for show, however I’m sure you can understand it’s unpleasant now knowing I would probably be over rank 50. Proof of nothing more than how nerdy I am. 8-)

I don’t have any direct evidence I was rank 28 when it happened. I do have 204 hours logged in steam, but of course that isn’t enough is it… ugh. Perhaps the developers have a basic log of data? I’m not sure exactly how this bug happened. I don’t know why logging into the game from a different computer would have caused it. My name was the same, and the game worked fine there.

If it’s impossible to restore, I understand, but I have to try. ;)

• Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done. Sorry :(

• Also, with the first patch, ranks were set back a little bit to make it harder to level up.

• Yeah I took that into consideration. I was rank 28 in the old ranking system, so that’d probably be 23-24 in this one. But still, I’d be close to even rank 60. I think I play too much. :o

• @UnknownXV:

Yeah I took that into consideration. I was rank 28 in the old ranking system, so that’d probably be 23-24 in this one. But still, I’d be close to even rank 60. I think I play too much. :o

You can never play too much 8-)

• I probably don’t want to know the answer but I am a glutton for punishment so I’ll ask anyway… if I had reported this as soon as it happened, would it of been possible to restore the ranks then?

• @UnknownXV:

I probably don’t want to know the answer but I am a glutton for punishment so I’ll ask anyway… if I had reported this as soon as it happened, would it of been possible to restore the ranks then?

Very doubtful.

I think you’re out of luck m’dear :<

I’ve got 200 hours in Chiv now… So proud… and just finally got rank 30 lol

• Really?

Do you just duel a lot?

• @UnknownXV:

Really?

Do you just duel a lot?

Hmm, no not really. Mostly play TO/TD/LTS. Hardly even do FFA. Do some dueling sometimes, but not really “a lot” xD.

• Odd. How is rank calculated then? Just total kills?

With 200 hours you definitely should be over rank 30 unless you afked a lot. Nice to know I’m not the only major geek around here though. :)

• @UnknownXV:

Odd. How is rank calculated then? Just total kills?

With 200 hours you definitely should be over rank 30 unless you afked a lot. Nice to know I’m not the only major geek around here though. :)

A friend of mine has 147 hours and also just turned rank 30. And rank is indeed calculated by total kills.

• @Kimiko:

@UnknownXV:

Odd. How is rank calculated then? Just total kills?

A friend of mine has 147 hours and also just turned rank 30. And rank is indeed calculated by total kills.

She’s just really focused on assisting instead of getting the kills herself, okay?

And by that, I mean assisting the opposing team :x

• @ReMixx:

She’s just really focused on assisting instead of getting the kills herself, okay?

Get out of here. You’re not wanted. :x

• @Kimiko:

@ReMixx:

Get out of here. You’re not wanted. :x

You and Wingy would miss me! :jsmirk:

• So…

Might I suggest a nice hotel for the two of you? 8-)

• @UnknownXV:

So…

Might I suggest a nice hotel for the two of you? 8-)

We don’t need a hotel for this bromance. :roll: