I'm so in love with MaAs class.

• I seriously can’t get enough of providing pain while playing the pugilistic punisher. He’s my best class and the most 2nd most versatile (1st being the archer though only due to range). I knew from when I researched the game that it would be my speed. I’ve unlocked everything on this class (even the 2ndaries) and will only grace the battlefield with his prowess when duty calls (as in, choosing to level up another weapon is superseded by winning).

Sucks that there isn’t much more other than rank to level up. I would enjoy having access to the other weapons as the man of arms. This in no way is an actual suggesting. I just feel bummed out having my hand forced when I see the need to play MaA since the class dispersion is always archers and armor classes.

There wasn’t much else I wanted to write about. MaA hands down the best class in any game ever made. I get a kick out my hearing people whine how weak he is. Yes his threshold for pain is low, but he has more defensive maneuvers than anyone and 1/handers are tops in duels along with being the fastest runner. I am looking forward to new additions in this game.

• Yeah, I wish I could get good at it, but I like armor crutching.

I just finished all the MAA weapons (admittedly through the vanguard and knight) to get the helmet. Think I’ll try and get good with it.

• Agreed

• I, for one, am glad there isn’t much to be unlocked. I think forcing people to unlock things to get different weapons is a bad idea, because it fixes players on unlocking things - killing people at all cost and make them forget the bigger picture (teamplay, objectives) as long as they get the kill.

Another problem is weapons are different and not always (although often, which is good) the first weapon is a weapon good enough to be used in the field by a fresh player. Unlocking archer’s weapons was really a problem as it’s not that easy to score a KILL. Especially for a newcomers. Often you only wound a target before someone else (friendly, enemy) will kill him, leaving you with nothing from the weapon unlock point of view. It makes a gap between veterans and new players.

• I would really enjoy unlocks if they were completely cosmetic from now on. New helmets and armor. Nothing that adds stats.

• MAA is by far my favourite class. I love the versatility. The learning curve is definitely steeper than other classes but worth the effort. The trick to surviving (at least for me) is to pick your battles wisely and know when to disengage. Sometimes you’ll take some heat for running away but chances are you’re not going to survive a 3 on 1 battle against knights.

• I’d love for the ability to color weapons and armor as you unlocked new weapons. Some new armor sprites would be nice too.

As per the MaAs, I thoroughly enjoy the combat. I love when armored classes beeline to me for what they think is an easy kill only for me to space them and feint them out. More interesting is getting groups to hurt each other. I wish MaA’s got some perks for being light armor class in terms of ranged wpns. A few more throwing axes/knives would be great.

I’m still trying to see the point of the 2ndaries are for MaA other than playing with a handicap. I’ve unlocked them all and in all honestly, it helped out my archer when I choose to play it, but they add nothing more than a challenge for the MaA. In all honesty, I don’t expect to see them used on this class in competitive play (thrusting dagger, maybe). I don’t think much thought was put in for the MaA 2ndary wpn selection. They make sense for every other class but don’t add anything to the MaA. Mind you, I main MaA and have used all of these secondaries w/ and w/o shields. I think they honestly need to go for something different. I suggested claw/dual wielding weapon types. Wouldn’t be MaA class for any weapon with good range, but some fast attacking weapons or something even risk/reward/speed based weapons would be great.

• @Holy.Death:

I, for one, am glad there isn’t much to be unlocked. I think forcing people to unlock things to get different weapons is a bad idea, because it fixes players on unlocking things - killing people at all cost and make them forget the bigger picture (teamplay, objectives) as long as they get the kill.

I have every unlock for every class and I still play this way. Killing people is more important than everything else… always. But it’s not just killing them… It’s how you kill them. Mauls and fists are the best options imo. Afterward, you should always use a voice command that is completely silly like apologizing.

• play maa is just play with a handcap, they add NOTHING to the team and are just archers without ranged weapons.

You cant fight in the line cause you will ALWAYS be Tked, the acceleration mechanic in this game makes their speed not really relevant (opposite to AoC where MAA were great).

Try to play with a melee archer and you will discover it is exactly the same thing.

I ALWAYS play with the less used class in my team, then i am playing MAA almost all the time right now.

But i do think that probably their problem is the retarded OP archers and halberds/spears that make the class inviable i any kind of decent level of play.

And yes i can beat the crap out of a MAA with archer in melee, archers have the same best weapon that MAA have, the short sword, while having a 50% damage boost to attacks in the back.

In AoC MAA were great, but in Archery medieval warfare there is nothing that they can help with, and the map design helps then to keep being useless.

• @Bigamo:

play maa is just play with a handcap, they add NOTHING to the team and are just archers without ranged weapons.

You cant fight in the line cause you will ALWAYS be Tked, the acceleration mechanic in this game makes their speed not really relevant (opposite to AoC where MAA were great).

Try to play with a melee archer and you will discover it is exactly the same thing.

I ALWAYS play with the less used class in my team, then i am playing MAA almost all the time right now.

But i do think that probably their problem is the retarded OP archers and halberds/spears that make the class inviable i any kind of decent level of play.

And yes i can beat the crap out of a MAA with archer in melee, archers have the same best weapon that MAA have, the short sword, while having a 50% damage boost to attacks in the back.

In AoC MAA were great, but in Archery medieval warfare there is nothing that they can help with, and the map design helps then to keep being useless.

Best class in the game to me.

• @Bigamo:

snip.

Sounds like someone needs to complete the tutorial :j: If you aren’t good at spacing, being aware of your surroundings, 1hand melee combat, combat vs other in melee range, anticaption/guessing games, this game, [twitch] dodging, teamwork, and communicating with a team, you should probably stick to the archer and suicde when anyone gets into melee range. MaA gets the most actions in a vs player situation save for not being able to zone with a ranged, melee weapon. Combat is easily abused by this class when you force players to focus on you. In a vs 2+ scenario the MaA can run away or space the enemy between each other and pick off the remains.

While true an archer can easily pick (any class) a MaAs, a good MaAs (nay a good player) will be aware of his surroundings for usual sniping nests, enemy positions, and cover. If knowing these things doesn’t tickle your fancy, don a shield and you are pretty much invincilbe vs arrows.

I’m starting to use feints a lot more purposefully. :fenc: The game got that much deeper. Normally I kick when I would feint. So many options

• Pesky MaA’s who get oneshotslammed by my bardiche overhead are lovely, more of them

• Well…

I tried this class today myself. I LOVE this game but I have a very hard time playing it as I get owned a lot by the youngsters as I am in my late thirties. I like the knight and vanguard classes they are tanky they are tough, but I still get killed much much more, than I kill.
    I tried a bit the archer and while I love the sniper role in shooter games, the archer will not be my favorite class in Chivalry. I kept away from MAA because I did not want to put myself to even harder mauling. Until today that is.

Then the elemental surprise came. This little bugger is a real SOB and a real PITA for the opponents.
    I found myself doing considerably better than with the other classes. (Played on more servers not with just one bunch of guys.) Sometimes I still get owned pretty much, but I pay back dearly almost every time.

This class sure plays very differently. I always flank and take opponents from the side especially the retreating and weakened ones. I take out archers much easily than with knight or vanguard (even compared to a knight with one hand mace.)
    If a knight or a vanguard comes at me on 1v1 I let him approach confidently. At the first strike I block or dodge or block and dodge forward and get the first hit in. After he is suppressed I just hit him till he dies.
    I use the big shield with the war axe. The shield is pretty usable IF turned in the right angle and direction. The war axe is very good has quite a punch and quite acceptable speed too.

That is the best in this class is the speed. If I see an opportunity of flanking or taking out a weakened opponent I can run fast enough to catch him or dodge if necessary to get that extra reach. If there is a hole in the enemy front I can get through it. If I am many vs me I run away ASAP. With the shield I could hold of more opponents for a short while IF there was some ground to constantly retreat but certainly I don’t want to do that if I can by any means avoid it.

And some things learned by hard experience:
    -If you are caught between two opponents you are instantly dead.
    -If you fail a block or evasion (unless friendlies save you within a second) you are dead.
    -If you exchange hits you are dead.
    -If you try to hold the line you are very dead.

If I am close to dieing I do my best to get out of the hot spot as fast as I can. That I can do considerably better than with the other classes.

Just flank, flank, flank and take opponents out by surprise. The MMA does not really fight with honor head on, he plays a very dirty but effective game. Simply awesome… never expected this experience…

PS: In the process I managed to unlock some nice weapons for my Archer and Vanguard too.