Ridiculous ARROW/JAV hack on 10-78 FFA Arena by "lowkickz"

• Around 11am CST I go on 10-78 Free For All Arena server and there’s this shitbag lowkickz (actually somebody impersonating real lowkickz), who somehow managed to shoot a million arrows and javelins from every single direction, and upon trying to votekick, he shows up twice in the confirmation list, and then of course the damn server vote settings have it for admin only.
    Please dispose of this waste of fresh air.

[attachment=2:dnc32v3t]2012-12-08_00020.jpg[/attachment:dnc32v3t]

[attachment=1:dnc32v3t]tryingtokick.jpg[/attachment:dnc32v3t]

[attachment=0:dnc32v3t]2012-12-08_00037-scoreboard.jpg[/attachment:dnc32v3t]

• If anyone has information on how to reproduce this, please PM a Moderator and DO NOT post that here, thanks.

Otherwise we’ll have everyone’s arrows BLOCK OUT THE SUN. :P

• Can we get a YouTube video of it?

• A clanmate of mine was in a server and met the same fate, not sure if same server but he said he got a video. I’ll try and have him post it.

• @Anonymoose:

A clanmate of mine was in a server and met the same fate, not sure if same server but he said he got a video. I’ll try and have him post it.

Please try and get it! I want to see it lol :)

• @ReMixx:

@Anonymoose:

A clanmate of mine was in a server and met the same fate, not sure if same server but he said he got a video. I’ll try and have him post it.

Is a vid definatly required? I’d hate to encounter a cheater someday and I’m not “prepared” because my hardware is simply too bad for recording + running the game.

• Hi,

I was on that server during that FFA match with the hacker /howdy. Just wanted to add that when the guy was attacking with arrows and javs my screen started to streak which I assume were the javelins / arrows going everywhere. Thanks.

• @Escadin:

@ReMixx:

@Anonymoose:

Is a vid definatly required? I’d hate to encounter a cheater someday and I’m not “prepared” because my hardware is simply too bad for recording + running the game.

It really is with the way Steam works. You can impersonate others’ display names easily, as in fact the person doing this was. The only way to verify is to show video evidence of the person hacking and then bringing up their profile so we can confirm their Steam account, not just their display name.

• Can you break down how this is done, ifi.e. we want to

a) record video evidence (is there specific software that will do it easily)

b) bring up their Steam profile while doing so (no idea how to do this)

• Screenshot is not a proof.

• @Bran:

Can you break down how this is done, ifi.e. we want to

a) record video evidence (is there specific software that will do it easily)

b) bring up their Steam profile while doing so (no idea how to do this)

a) You can use any recording program. Livestream or fraps. Or countless others. No idea what most people use.

b) Go to your steam profile and at the top click on View, then players and then it will show the list of people you have recently played with. Just look for their username (do this right away while they are in game) and then click their profile and their steam id will show up at the top where the http:// is. (basically those mix of numbers).

• I too have seen this hack, except it was with Arrows on arena. The arrows were spewing from the crowd. And the map where you become “King” if you’re on the top of your list, arrows were coming from the statues behind the king.

The player that was doing it shared his name with another player, so it was harder to votekick him.

As soon as the correct votekick was initiated he left the server. I tried to record but for some reason F raps won’t launch in Windows 8 for me at the moment.

• @ekabz:

As soon as the correct votekick was initiated he left the server. I tried to record but for some reason F raps won’t launch in Windows 8 for me at the moment.

Votekick system is a joke. If you leave in last seconds of vote and reconnect after it ends nothing you won’t get kicked.
    no admin = cheater heaven

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@ekabz:

Votekick system is a joke. If you leave in last seconds of vote and reconnect after it ends nothing you won’t get kicked.
    no admin = cheater heaven

That is on the bug list already :)

• @SOC:

I have a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 2QPhb6u5Dc

Holy crap that’s awesome!!!

… I mean. This punk needs to be terminated, right meow! :?

• @ReMixx:

@SOC:

I have a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 2QPhb6u5Dc

Holy crap that’s awesome!!!

… I mean. This punk needs to be terminated, right meow! :?

haha, it’s pretty awesome to see. It’s like a volley, who knew masons had so many archers.

ARCHERS…LOOSE!

• @BobT36:

If anyone has information on how to reproduce this, please PM a Moderator and DO NOT post that here, thanks.

Otherwise we’ll have everyone’s arrows BLOCK OUT THE SUN. :P

So unfair,

I want to do that with Arrows, The true “Volley!”

Sounds bad to say But hell grats to him raining javs etc…

Seriously Though, can we have a feature for this instead? like the ballista but volleys arrows to a location? :)

• Yee want’ee a machine that can shoot many’an arrow, eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MBx-ag5tfE

Pull off a Dynasty Warriors 4 Arbalest in Chivalry? That’d be godly if they did.

Sounds like one hell of a fun ranged volley weapon.

• I was just on the same server earlier tonight, and I think the same hacker showed up at ~ 10:40 PM CST under a different name. I chatted with him and recorded him for 9 minutes as he showed off his hacks, then he got bored and disconnected. I’ve uploaded the video to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZFs7cBo4c&hd=1 - some NSFW language in the in-game chat), and a Google search led me to this thread.

The hacks at 4:30 and 7:00 in the video involve a steady barrage of javelins flying into the map. I don’t know how well you can see it in the video, but I got the impression that he was tracing out or selecting regions of the map with his line of sight before the hacks started. At 4:30, he seemed to be selecting the area on the ground where the javelins would fall. At 7:00, he seemed to be selecting the portion of the map’s boundary where the javelins would fly from.

Unfortunately, I didn’t know how to find a Steam ID from within the game when I recorded the video (I know now). If the other players had stuck around, I would have alt-tabbed out of the game to figure it out. But everyone else left right away, and I didn’t want to go idle for too long because it was obvious that the hacker wanted an audience.

edit: His Steam ID isn’t in the video, but I just looked at the list of people I’d recently played with. “Man of A Thousand Spears” is definitely this user (screenshot of current Steam profile). No one else I played with tonight used that name.