"One vs One" Matches ( More Personal Fights )

• I´ve been playing Chivalry alot, congratulations for making such a good game!
    But the more I play on all these servers with a fair amount of people on them, the more I wish there would be a seperate gametype that would introduce “One vs One”-matches in an arena with leaderboards based on your Wins/Looses. Perhabs with a matchmaking system that puts players with equal Win/Lose rates in a game together. You would rank up, unlocking for example “Titles” that would be displayed before your Name, for example “Master” <– Win 500 matches. Perhabs this “Arena” mode would also work with teams of up to 3 players so you could have 3 v 3 and your team could rank up!
    Also some visualization for your rank in game would be nice, with stars behind or over your name for example, the more stars the better player!
    I mean admit it guys, you have a REALLY sweet fighting system but in my oppinion a simple match with many people can be a little bit too crazy, so you cant have a tactical and nice fight against “One” person.

Just my 2 cents, but perhabs you agree!

Best Regards,

Sir JJG

• You mean “duel mode”. It’s already coming in a future update. Also, some servers are duel servers. They don’t have the title thing and I’m not sure if the official duel mode will include anything like that.

• Thanks for the information about the update.
    I have seen some of these “Duel”-Servers but they are pretty tricky to join if only 2 people fit on there and the server is full all the time! ;)
    Therefore a matchmaking system for this kind of game mode would be a nice to have feature!

• How about when you get personal against certain player. You have the option of “Challenge” him.

If that player accept the challenge, both of you will be send to part of that map that no one else can access. And it goes on until one of them are dead and they get send back to the objective game

• It “sounds” good, but wouldn´t most people constantly go to “Duels” while the few that are left are playing the actuall match? Also the game would need to redirect them into the “Duel” mode if the fight, because you cant have a bunch or arenas on one map. Also you cant give the people there own little lobby inside of a different match, so this ingame challenge mode seems out of place.
    Would most likey work with your friendslist though if you are on the menu screen!

• Just a added note, some classes are better at 1 v 1 and some classes are designed for opportunistic combat.

I mean, since I have problems with connection I am mostly playing 2v2 or 3v3s with my dorm mates, (played alot of Rakion and S4league [similar games to this]) It became pretty clear when we did duels that knights and man at arms are always the best bet. Only in some weird duel corridors and locations archers are not bad too.

Maybe in the future we can get custom or official maps where its tournament 1v1 or 2v2 styles.

• About the classes in Duels, I dont really know if they are balanced for 1 v 1.
    I´m mostly using the Vanguard with the german Zweihänder, a nice swing while running past your enemies appears to be unblockable for most people. ;)
    I have no idea if that layout is overpowerd or I am just good but I win 95% of all confrontations with that setup.

• @JJG:

About the classes in Duels, I dont really know if they are balanced for 1 v 1.
    I´m mostly using the Vanguard with the german Zweihänder, a nice swing while running past your enemies appears to be unblockable for most people. ;)
    I have no idea if that layout is overpowerd or I am just good but I win 95% of all confrontations with that setup.

JJG! Let us duel, right now! :)

• Ok sure, my name is on steam is jj_the_german aka JJG ; Great Destiny Man :D

• The Jedi Knight games had a duel challenge key, you’d face your cross-hair on someone and hit the key and they’d get a message saying X is Challenging you, if i remember correctly (been a long time). If both players accept they would become immune to everyone but their opponent until the duel ended. they’d also be a different colour to everyone else so everyone knew they were dueling.

They also had duel servers with smaller duel maps, where people could join the server and only two players would be fighting at a time and everyone else was spectating, loser of the match goes back to spectating and the winner fights the next person. Worked really well I thought, especially if you were really good you got the reward of being able to play more matches.