Great game, terrible community.

• A community can truly break a game, and there has never been one truly as bad as this since Call of Duty or, dare I say, World of Warcraft. The profuse amount of belligerent juvenilistic players who currently occupy the vast majority of servers. It’s a shame, because this may be one of the best melee centric games around, and I’d absolutely hate to see it fall due to the current level of immaturity found within the core part of its community.

• I’ve only played for thirty some hours, so maybe I haven’t been on long enough to see any of it, but most of the time server chat is pretty silent. Some times the occasional “gg,” “gf,” or something like that, but nothing terrible.

Maybe I’ve just been lucky, but I seem to find this community pretty docile.

• @ninja12:

A community can truly break a game, and there has never been one truly as bad as this since Call of Duty or, dare I say, World of Warcraft. The profuse amount of belligerent juvenilistic players who currently occupy the vast majority of servers. It’s a shame, because this may be one of the best melee centric games around, and I’d absolutely hate to see it fall due to the current level of immaturity found within the core part of its community.

It may be that I’m no native english speaker or that I’m plainly too dumb, but I don’t even understand the marked words without a dictionary xD

Anyways, yes there is a whole lot of one-button-mashing, there is cheating and votekick abuse and there is dirty talk. However, I feel like this is not even close to the extent of certain other games… cod cough lol cough

Most player will apologize for teamkills, will listen to advices in teamchat as long as it is not covered flame, will ask for a reason before votekick someone, will answer a battlecry with a battlecry to initiate the duel.
    Actually, this community is much better in comparsion to other games, but you just can’t expect all the trolling, flaming and bad behaviour to just disappear from the internet ^^

• A belligerent person is someone who is being aggressive.
    Juvenilistic is not a word, but he is means people who are being juvenile, or childish.

• @Ramzin:

A belligerent person is someone who is being aggressive.
    Juvenilistic is not a word, but he is means people who are being juvenile, or childish.

Thanks <3

Frankly, threads like this are ‘juvenile’. Even if you’re right, what do you expect to happen? A hotfix? The devs to ban 1/3 of the community? Someone will agree with you and then you feel fine again?

• S@ninja12:

A community can truly break a game, and there has never been one truly as bad as this since Call of Duty or, dare I say, World of Warcraft. The profuse amount of belligerent juvenilistic players who currently occupy the vast majority of servers. It’s a shame, because this may be one of the best melee centric games around, and I’d absolutely hate to see it fall due to the current level of immaturity found within the core part of its community.

Sorry for your luck. I haven’t had the same experience as you. Don’t get get me wrong, the community has it’s moments, but my experience has been generally positive. Most people in game are friendly and will say good game, good kill, and or nice shot.

• I just haven’t had this experience at all, and I’ve been trying to help people as much as possible in-game, myself. I’m sorry you’ve had a poor time with people :/

• I find this community to be half and half in pair of other communities. There are some people who take it easy and are usually nice to people, others are just assholes who take the game WAY to seriously, and are often mean to people and will brag about making top with 69:5. Hope I made sense. :|

In all seriousness, this community isn’t really THAT bad in terms of my personal experience. There are far worse communities I’ve been to. I’m looking at you, Fire Emblem.

• I don’t think this community is that bad, pretty good actually. Compared to Halo, CoD or LoL, we are doing very well. People apologize for TKs all the time, we enjoy slashing and killing each other in the 10 second prep round before the game starts, and then it’s all business.

I would say maybe mute someone or just turn off chat if it gets bad. I turn off chat whenever people are being too distracting or just stupid. I tend to do much better when it is off anyway because I can focus solely on owning the noobs who won’t be quiet.

Yeah there is the occasional idiot who just won’t shut up and insists on complaining every two seconds about some stupid thing. The worst is when they are rank 20 and still complaining about game mechanics and being killed. Makes you want to slap a fool. I have not found the /mutetext [name] command yet :D

Although Archers, those guys still tick me off!

• Hi there,

We’ve had a whole long discussion about this in a very similar thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7118

• @Kimiko:

Hi there,

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7118

That is very similar :D

• The community is a lot better than some other games thats for sure.

• what exactly are you expecting in this sort of game? players politely saying thank you for killing me
    in so many cowardly ways? being spam stabbed? shot by 7 archers on both sides at once for that kill hehe.

–--------------
    by Kimiko » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 am
    Hi there,
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7118

Dare you post a similar thread now, you don’t want to upset the order.
    moosed interesting link btw its a groundhog link. ;)

• @loin:

Dare you post a similar thread now, you don’t want to upset the order.
    moosed interesting link btw its a groundhog link. ;)

Now now… ;)

• In my experience the community is a step above FPS games, perhaps a result of the higher level of complexity involved in getting to grips with the play-style.

I can only speak for Japan, but on the local servers there’s only the very occassional rabid xenophobe or sewer-mouthed juvenile and the other players simply ignore them. Far less than on Japanese servers for other games.

Meanwhile, here on the forum plenty of people have gone out of their way to give me useful advice and, once again, a low level of flaming or disrespect evident in comparison to most other games.

The OP should maybe just try out other servers, even if it means higher lag there should be some decent ones within your range.

• The easiest way to find the less-than-favourable community members is to be one yourself. As such, I have found a lot of people I am not exactly happy to have spoken with 8-)

• Its surprising to me to see people flaming their own team for doing poorly in Chivalry. But again, thats 1 guy out of 32. CoD and mobas have damaged the gaming community beyond repair.

• @Wingy:

Its surprising to me to see people flaming their own team for doing poorly in Chivalry.

Well, doing your best, having 25 kills and 8 deaths in Team Deathmatch and seeing that your team resources are shrinking rapidly no matter how hard you try because of this guy with 2 kills and 16 deaths and rank of 25… It’s hard sometimes not to at least point out that he should play tad more smartly.

This community is quite decent actually, you should guys try World of Tanks. All spoiled brats of the internet are there.

• just find a few friends to play with, then if some one is trash talking and is alot better than you, you can just team up on them and crush their spirit

• Use a Maul