Profanity Filter

• Hi all,

Picked up this game after seeing the youtube battle royale and so far am loving it. Feels like CS 1.3 but in a medieval setting, my hands actually get sweaty playing so cheers torn banner.

After playing for 15-20 hours of various game types and different servers I’m blown away with the sheer volume of racial profanity I run into (not planning to name names). I know implementing a profanity filter wouldn’t take too much coding but would love to have it considered.

And before someone boohoo’s oh grow up I’d like to see it as an option.

Thanks .02

• I tend to votekick people who use racial slurs. It’s the best that we can do at the moment.

• I have experienced the same thing. The saddest thing is, if there is a votekick on someone that flames racist crap the outcome is always tight.
    All the sane people out there have to stay together about this topic!

• Of all the extremely offensive things I say to people, I never use racial slurs. They just make whoever uses them look like an idiot. I perfer to suggest ingesting a large amount of liquid bleach.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Of all the extremely offensive things I say to people, I never use racial slurs. They just make whoever uses them look like an idiot. I perfer to suggest ingesting a large amount of liquid bleach.

And what, pray tell, does your digestive system do to that? :|

• I agree there is a lot of profanity and sometimes racial slurs go along with that, but a profanity filter seems like a very American approach, and not a very useful one at that. People always find ways around it, and even if it’s censored, we still know what they were trying to say. So it seems rather pointless.

One of the things I liked about first playing the game was actually being able to say a jovial “fuck” without some lame profanity filter getting in the way. In my eyes there’s nothing wrong with that. But yeah… sometimes people do get carried away a bit. But the responsibility of that should not lie with the game developers. It’s up to the people playing to kick their asses of the server.

I like the freedom of the game. Let’s not spoil it by restrictions :)

• The one ability I’ve developed as a minority in the U.S. is ability ignore the BS and not let THEM know that it bothers me. I can screenshot and votekick, but in all honest, they said their silly remarks and basically want attention. I don’t pay them any mind other than to kick them. Votekick doesn’t do much anyway as the voted player will quit the match and reenter b4 the timer winds down. They want to get a wile out of you and even damage your psyche. The one thing I am thankful for is a enough people in the community that are not okay with negative comments.

If it’s in voice chat, I mute them. There truly isn’t much we can do but tolerate it, votekick/ignore, and continue enjoying the game. Those people have their just rewards in the end.

• I wouldnt mind a Profanity Filter.
    good post OP

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

Of all the extremely offensive things I say to people, I never use racial slurs. They just make whoever uses them look like an idiot. I perfer to suggest ingesting a large amount of liquid bleach.

And what, pray tell, does your digestive system do to that? :|

It gives me gas, so I tend to avoid it when possible.

• You’re totally cool with severed heads, lopped-off limbs, crushed skulls, burning corpses, and bloody impalement, but you have an issue with people using naughty words while doing it?

The fuck is wrong with you?

• An insult only has the power to hurt you if you allow it so. And this is the internet, get thicker skin.