System restore

• Never ever system restore on windows 7. I did a system restore on my computer and it burned up my graphics card and failed three hard drives I’m unsure that I can repair either. My only real option is that I have to buy a new card and hard drive. I’ve been working on computers for eight years and I’ve never seen a fail due to software cause this much damage. Just sharing my experience with you all. Heed my words!

P.s. I think gb knows what I’m taking about it.

• I’ll mourn your loss. I’ve yet to have such a bad experience with my hardware, but I’ve been told my computer makes crazy sounds when I’m not home…

• It’s alive! Yea, spare parts for now.

• Rebuilt again! I’ve been wounded though. I lost a folder of great value. Goodbye sweet photos of women who like to pose titanic style for my camera, goodbye.

• @HitMan:

Never ever system restore on windows 7. I did a system restore on my computer and it burned up my graphics card and failed three hard drives I’m unsure that I can repair either. My only real option is that I have to buy a new card and hard drive. I’ve been working on computers for eight years and I’ve never seen a fail due to software cause this much damage. Just sharing my experience with you all. Heed my words!

P.s. I think gb knows what I’m taking about it.

Sorry for your loss and I completely understand it too, I’ve been subject to a ton of them as well. However, I never lost anything through a system restore, that’s a bit odd (and I’m using Windows 7 x64). Anything’s possible though, never know.

• Well back to normal. Hopefully I’ll be checking up on the forums daily again.

• When you do a reformat, make sure you disable Hibernate and Sleep Mode. That’s caused issues for me when I upgraded my Win XP system to Vista

• I was pissed off the first couple of times it did that. Thanks for the friendly advice, if this was my first time, you’d be my friggin hero. :k1:

When I first switched from xp to 7 I was getting angry! I had no clue what it was doing.