Add More empires

• Since this game is based on sword and bow fighting then I couldn’t see why it would be hard to imagine these knights fighting some Greeks, Romans, Persians , Samurai , African and Native American Tribesmen. Maybe like a deadliest warrior kind of scenario. It would implement more weapons , open more maps, landscapes and team diversity. I love red vs blue fights but maybe spice it up a tad bit.

• @mydjaxt:

spice it up a tad bit.

A tad bit? More like a whole new game. It would be interesting as there is more variety of weapons, characters etc. But the game is fine just as it is. Anyways, this is based in Europe (MEDIEVAL WARFARE) not in America or Asia.

• They should add something similar to the Turks or Saracens. If you must add anything that is.

• If a 3rd faction is added, i think it should have completely different weapons. This would really make it seem unique and exciting. Otherwise it will just be masons/agatha with different coloured armor.

• I would really like to see a Viking/Nord faction. A faction from the middle east would be fine too, but I think that the Masons already have a middle east style to their armor, and the ruins map also looks kind of like the middle east.

• I don’t think any more factions should be added. There are no issues whatsoever with having only the two current factions, so why would you create problems when there are none?

However, although I am against the creation of a third faction, if you want my opinion on what kind of faction should be chosen as a third I would go for a more brigand/outlaw style. Please no cliché Vikings or ninjas… those themes have been overdone way too much.

• @Siegfried

While I don’t think that adding a new faction would “create problems when there are none.” I do agree that a new faction is not necessary. I decided to share my opinion that if Torn Banner were to add another faction, my vote would be for vikings; which are no more cliche than knights. I do however think that a brigand faction is a great idea.

• The problem with a new faction is that making player models takes a huge amount of time for an indie studio. Its not like you are reskinning a unit, they have to design it, them make it from scratch. I dont think they are going to include a new faction anytime soon. Not because it wouldnt be cool, but because their resources are very limited and they will want to capitalize in the game´s strenghts. Id say a new weapon would be more like it, and more welcome too, as it would add new gameplay.

• Idk about more “empires” but the game needs more maps.

• New factions wouldn’t work, since factions share the same weapons. Maybe there could be some arab-style armours and a few new weapons liek shamshirs/scimitars

• Should be unlocked when your done then? Gives someone something to achieve when done with unlocking all the normal equipment. But yeah, its not really that important. Just something that would be interesting to have.

• IT would be good to put in perhaps race factions, like putting in orcs just for abit of variation

• Could be a mod but in all honestly it doesn’t add much to gameplay at all.

Only empires I care about are the Amazons vs the Valkyrie/Sirens. O_O

• Personally, I think that the Swedes should be implemented into the game for the piratewars remake to come into full effect ;)

• Ok my 2 cents.

I am a viking.

I look like a viking. i own a museum quality viking sword. Me and my clan have made a tradition of meeting up for drinks and mayhem at a viking village. :P

Vikings dont fit in this game, they are too early historically.

Now what would be fun, are Saracens, and perhaps some other country’s knights, like lets say some Spanish or Italians with accents. maybe some polish knights too, maybe some Teutonic order. and if you like vikings, maybe some scandinavian ruff customers, but with silly scandinavian accents, with their men at arms somewhat viking like…

I think keeping it period, would resonate better, leave alot of room for multicultural medieval fun taunts w/ accents, and just be, well, a hell of alot of fun, and pretty unique.

It would set it apart, also, from all the games that have caved into, vikings, samurai, and Romans too. it could be that little difference from the others that TB already has somewhat with the semi modern, semi authentic taunts with accents and broad themes, and expands upon as well…

• I think with the current lore, if a new faction was added it would be the arab-styled faction the agatha knights were figting in the desert. They could invade Agatha as retribution for the crusade.

Hell, they could even launch it as an expansion pack. But it would only work if the arabs had their own unique weaponry and a different unlock tree, and some new maps to accomodate them (lore wise, they could even have the agatha knights and the mason order form a temporary alliance, and have a mix of both armies defending against the arabs in some maps.)

• @Ving and Wingy

To me the Masons already have an arab look to them (well, the knight and archer do), so another arab-like faction wouldn’t add much variety.

Also this is a fictional world, so earth’s historical timeline isn’t critical to adhere to. It’s not like I’m asking for cavemen and cowboys. In the game Mount and Blade, the Nord faction (Vikings) and the Swadian faction (European Knights) both felt like they belonged just fine in the same world and timeline.

• AGREED MORE MAPS PLEASE !!!

• @samuraigen52:

@Ving and Wingy

To me the Masons already have an arab look to them (well, the knight and archer do), so another arab-like faction wouldn’t add much variety.

Also this is a fictional world, so earth’s historical timeline isn’t critical to adhere to. It’s not like I’m asking for cavemen and cowboys. In the game Mount and Blade, the Nord faction (Vikings) and the Swadian faction (European Knights) both felt like they belonged just fine in the same world and timeline.

what about what I suggested though? IE a scandinavian faction, where the MAA and archers were basically your viking types, IE holdoverrs in cheaper gear, (which is somewhat historically accurate) and your vanguards and and knights still scandinavian knight types? With funny scandinavian accents?

I think that would be great personally…

And at Keltic, yes MOR MAPS INDEED!! (See the news though, they are coming :) )

• @Ving

I looked up Medieval Scandinavia with Google images and this came up:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=medieval … 24&bih=653

These guys are the kind of warriors that I had in mind.

Here’s a clip from a great movie called Ironclad. It shows knights and viking type warriors in the same era, and it’s supposed to be historically accurate too. Accents like the guy who speaks at 1:33 would be the ideal accent for these guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhWM40bd-ac