UDK.exe doesn't work

• I got the UDk.exe stopped working message when I tried to play the game. I verified the files from Steam and everything is ok there.

I’ll add the log and the last unreal*****.dmp file.

• @Garak:

I got the UDk.exe stopped working message when I tried to play the game. I verified the files from Steam and everything is ok there.

I’ll add the log and the last unreal*****.dmp file.

Please attach your DxDiag.txt. :)

• Where is that file?

Edit: Nevermind I’m a ninny, found it. Btw I know my video card is a bit on the old side but since it can run Mass Effect 3 and MechWarrior Online (albeit at low graphics) I don’t see any reason it can’t run this game. I originally installed the game from a dvd, then reinstalled from Steam.

I also noticed that after I tell Steam to verify the cache files, when I click play (in blind hope) it says it’s installing Microsoft VC Redist Package and DirectX (DirectX I have installed and with the latest update so I have no idea what’s going on).

• ---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
              Card name: Radeon X1950 Series  

Unfortunately, this video card is below minimum requirements. Even though it may work with Mass Effect 3, it will not work with Chivalry. I am not privy to the technical reasons (shader requirements?) behind it, but anything before the Radeon HD 3xxx series will not work at all. I’m sorry :(

• Hmm, interesting. I wanted to upgrade my video card this month so I guess I’ve got even more reasons to do it. If it still gives me problems I’ll be back. Thanks for the quick responses.

• @Garak:

Hmm, interesting. I wanted to upgrade my video card this month so I guess I’ve got even more reasons to do it. If it still gives me problems I’ll be back. Thanks for the quick responses.

You’re welcome. Please do come back if you experience any more issues with the game :)