Aeriel view of the Maps

• Is there a way to get an aerial view of each of the maps? Like a birds eye view?

I would take screen shots and paste them together to do it myself, but on a couple maps you can only get barely off the ground in spec mode and it would take dozens of screens to get the whole map.

I’m wondering if the devs have a top-down view of each map they can share with us or if there is a command I can use to get past those invisible walls/ceilings to do it myself.

Thanks

• Why would you need the maps?

• Having spectators be flying birds would be funny. Let them be able to get shot down by archers.

As for a strategic map? For planning paths and formations. Teach faster ways to get from Point A to Point B. Sounds good.

• To generate a top-down map you’d need to be able to switch to an orthographic projection matrix; I don’t think the default UDK offers this functionality from the console or ini files, so without code support this won’t be possible.

• @Yoshiblue:

As for a strategic map? For planning paths and formations. Teach faster ways to get from Point A to Point B. Sounds good.

This is why.

• I was told the commands for ghosting in spec so I was able to get the pictures.

One problem though is that darkforest fog makes it impossible to see when I get high enough to take the map picture.

Is there a way to turn down the fog so I can take a picture that I can actually see in darkforest?

Thanks!

Edit: I know the console command was taken out so archers couldn’t exploit it. I’m asking if there is a server variable I can change in the server config just so I can take this picture and then change it back.

• @Malekous:

I was told the commands for ghosting in spec so I was able to get the pictures.

One problem though is that darkforest fog makes it impossible to see when I get high enough to take the map picture.

Is there a way to turn down the fog so I can take a picture that I can actually see in darkforest?

Thanks!

Edit: I know the console command was taken out so archers couldn’t exploit it. I’m asking if there is a server variable I can change in the server config just so I can take this picture and then change it back.

“show fog”.

It’s cheat protected so you can’t use it in MP.

• Just what I wanted, thanks!