Issues with missing .dll files

• I’ve been suffering for over a week now with missing .dll files, i’ve ran all of the DXsetup and redist x64 and x86 and still had problems, there is an alternative way.

Firstly I recommend running all of the installation files as an administrator. Esepcially if you’re using windows 8.

Secondly make sure all of your drivers are up to date.

Now if you’ve had problems like I have then you can pretty much find the files you need in the Redist folder in the Chivalry Folder.

I kept getting an error message which read “XAPOFX1_5.dll” and before that one of the directx 3d .dll files wouldn’t work either saying they’re not supported by windows or has an error.

Here’s the deal… for whatever reason, the dll in the system32 folder thinks the file is not valid. When the program launches, it first looks for any dll’s in the program folder, on my system:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32

If it doesn’t find it there, it goes to the system32 directory.

So… here’s the solution

Go to this folder on your machine

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Redist\DXRedistCutdown

In that folder is an archive file with a .cab extension called

Jun2010_XAudio_x86.cab

Extract that archive’s contents to a new folder. In that folder, there should be a file called: XAPOFX1_5.dll

Copy this file to:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32

Now launch the game via any means.

If it’s another file you can still find that in the same folder.

Good luck!