Menu design and control advice

• Hi there :)
    Figured I’d drop in my two cents since I like the game so much. I think it deserves a bigger audience.

MENU DESIGN
    For me the menu design is a rather important part of the game. It helps set the mood. But when a menu is poorly designed, you can’t help but think the game is too. Even though it’s obviously not once you get into it.

I think what bothers me about it is mainly the large typography. The background visual is really cool, but then there’s this huge, rather crappy looking font on top.
    And then you’ve got the server GUI, which also looks rather crappy and huge. I think it could use some polishing.

CONTROL ADVICE
    I don’t know about you, but I never play with the default controls. In every game I play I change them to my preferred controls from the Half Life days, which is still the arrow keys and everything around them :)
    Even after changing my controls I notice all the advice on the loading screens etc saying “PRESS C TO UNLEASH BATTLECRY” or whatever, even though that’s not the button I’ve bound it on.
    I can’t help but thinking that should automaticly display the correct bind. Get’s me every time I see it. And I from a programming perspective I doubt that would be thát difficult to do :)

Other than that; great game. I really love the level design, the graphics, and also the sounds, which I usually never really pay attention too. All the background noises, slashes and clunks, and the gargling of the guy drowning in his own blood are just awesome :D

• I agree with the menu. the text is too big and I don’t really like the font of the game. I think the loading screen is actually a picture with some spinning gears just slapped on top, so they would have to create a new picture for every possible keybind.

@dem0n:

I don’t know about you, but I never play with the default controls. In every game I play I change them to my preferred controls from the Half Life days, which is still the arrow keys and everything around them :)

ARROW KEYS?

• @dem0n:

from the Half Life days

I reckon that before you get to the menu there should be a splashscreen that shows a guy that has a faucet sticking out of his eye. Because ponies, right?