War of the Roses is a better game.

• yikes. glad i never bought that game.

• I feel bad for the developers of that game. It wasn’t bad… but they released it at the worse possible time just a bit before Chivalry was due to come out.

• War of the Roses is not a true sequal to Mount and blade. They already announced Mount and blade 2. Chivalry will likely die when that comes out.

• Hmm, I wonder how they will feel about it when making M&B 2. RotR must be pretty heart dropping to see.

• 3rd person view exclusively is a deal-breaker for me anyway. Good thread title :P

• Moved to off topic.

That graph is what made me not buy WotR when it was on sale. I’m happy Chivalry did so well, but that doesn’t mean I have to celebrate a somewhat similar game pretty much dying completely. I think the more medieval games on the market, the better. Competition breeds creativity.

• @omg87:

:o

http://www.steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=42160q219640&from=1352479067

LOL.

:D

ž

So its dead? I bought it on pre purchse. Was promising. But every patch kept getting worse and worse for me. Chivalry is way better.

• What exactly did make it go down hill? As far as I read, they kept nurfing the weapons and its apparently easy to score headshots with ranged weapons.

• @UnknownXV:

I feel bad for the developers of that game. It wasn’t bad… but they released it at the worse possible time just a bit before Chivalry was due to come out.

It just felt like a Mount and Blade patch rather than a game, sadly I wasted cash on a patch :/

• @Yoshiblue:

What exactly did make it go down hill? As far as I read, they kept nurfing the weapons and its apparently easy to score headshots with ranged weapons.

It rewarded spamming way too much. Also it had a feature in Battlefield where you can spawn in on a team mate. Or was it squad leader? Either way, it quickly became a matter of who can spam the fastest and who had more numbers based on spawn drops.

• Yeesh, sounds pretty bad. I wonder what the Devs plan to do with it?

• Are those numbers really accurate though? Are there really 0 people playing now?

• @Saraski:

@UnknownXV:

I feel bad for the developers of that game. It wasn’t bad… but they released it at the worse possible time just a bit before Chivalry was due to come out.

It just felt like a Mount and Blade patch rather than a game, sadly I wasted cash on a patch :/

It felt like a dumbed down and consolified version of M&B with strange audio and unfitting visual effects. M&B (despite older graphics) is much better than this.

My money was also wasted on this. I should have trusted my early alpha and beta impressions which weren’t so good either.

Still looking forward to M&B2 especially for a great (coop?) singleplayer sandbox experience.

• Are those numbers really accurate though? Are there really 0 people playing now?

No, numbers are wrong somehow. I have both titles and I think 300-1000 people are playing it. At some point steamgraph’s numbers for WotR are off.

• @SlyGoat:

Moved to off topic.

That graph is what made me not buy WotR when it was on sale. I’m happy Chivalry did so well, but that doesn’t mean I have to celebrate a somewhat similar game pretty much dying completely. I think the more medieval games on the market, the better. Competition breeds creativity.

On the other hand, assuming only one of these games can be popular at the same time, I’m happy to be on the winning side for once.

Way to go TB!

• There was no competitor & for CS , but still it is 1 of the biggest sellers …
    Just saying , TB have still big chance to fail …

Wish you good luck TB .

• @omg87:

It rewarded spamming way too much. Also it had a feature in Battlefield where you can spawn in on a team mate. Or was it squad leader? Either way, it quickly became a matter of who can spam the fastest and who had more numbers based on spawn drops.

Very much this. I also hated the bleedout mechanic. Seemed too random to me.

• @omg87:

@Yoshiblue:

What exactly did make it go down hill? As far as I read, they kept nurfing the weapons and its apparently easy to score headshots with ranged weapons.

Rewarded spamming too much, eh? Man, I sure hope this game doesn’t do that. Why hell, you could lmb spam and get lots of kills if that would happen! Would be a shame…

• I was in the closed beta but never bought the game, atleast the ranged combat was good.