War of the Roses is a better game.

• @Oldschooler:

There was no competitor

Mount&Blade is still played by way more people than Chivalry.

• I almost bought WotR since it was the first one I saw back in development (I’m a fan of Warband), but saw Chivalry on sale and went for it - glad I did!

I think the WB playerbase numbers are all cRPG-based. If they had a deeper unlocks metagame and customization (a big selling point for WotR) in Chivalry, I’d be in heaven. If TB could flesh this out beyond feeling like a gigantic mod, it would help players want to stick around for the long-haul.

And yes, I know they’re working on it. :)

• @VedicIntent:

I think the WB playerbase numbers are all cRPG-based. If they had a deeper unlocks metagame and customization (a big selling point for WotR) in Chivalry, I’d be in heaven. If TB could flesh this out beyond feeling like a gigantic mod, it would help players want to stick around for the long-haul.

They ARE?

Well, that would be awesome.

CRPG is awesome, if it had the non-foot movement engine, and better graphics, I wouldnt want to play anything else.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@omg87:

@Yoshiblue:

What exactly did make it go down hill? As far as I read, they kept nurfing the weapons and its apparently easy to score headshots with ranged weapons.

It rewarded spamming way too much. Also it had a feature in Battlefield where you can spawn in on a team mate. Or was it squad leader? Either way, it quickly became a matter of who can spam the fastest and who had more numbers based on spawn drops.

Rewarded spamming too much, eh? Man, I sure hope this game doesn’t do that. Why hell, you could lmb spam and get lots of kills if that would happen! Would be a shame…

This game doesn’t reward spamming. Block once and the spamming stops. Continue spamming, you’re dead because they figured you out or you ran out of stamina.

In large groups, which is probably what you’re talking about, it’s just chaos. Anything goes. It’s war after all.

• Anyone who actually believes that that godforsaken game is better than C:MW should be fired out of a slingshot into a wall. 8-)

• Thats what we got Manapults for.

• dis is so sad i nerly cried

• omg why u all h8 war of rose so mut is SAME AS WARBAND

• @Ving:

@VedicIntent:

They ARE?

Well, that would be awesome.

CRPG is awesome, if it had the non-foot movement engine, and better graphics, I wouldnt want to play anything else.

Uh, I should clarify that: They’re working on some player customization features, like maybe coats of arms, helmet variants, or something along those lines. I haven’t heard anything about anything like cRPG, which would be awesome, I agree.

• The amount of people playing it doesn’t necessarily indicate which game is better though. Well, in this case it probably does…

Just to clarify as some people seem to have got the wrong idea, WotR was made by different developers than the Mount&Blade series, namely Fatshark instead of Taleworlds. They just had the same publisher, Paradox, and Mount&Blade 2 won’t even be published by them anymore.

The Warband playerbase numbers aren’t based off of cRPG. There are a lot of mods (not to mention Native) that are played constantly and there is an active competitive scene aside from that mod. I’d hate any game to resemble cRPG, as would a lot of players, because it revolves around you leveling your character and thus becoming better, making it quite unfair. Not saying it isn’t fun, it would just be a terrible standalone game.

• The sheer amount of grinding bullshit you have to go through just to get a small stat bonus for some of your items and having to start over as a weak as hell character doesnt help either.

Also, tincans are ridiculously overpowered.

• @Wingy:

The sheer amount of grinding bullshit you have to go through just to get a small stat bonus for some of your items and having to start over as a weak as hell character doesnt help either.

You seem to know a lot. You weren’t cheating on Chivalry were you??

• @MoshiMarlo:

omg why u all h8 war of rose so mut is SAME AS WARBAND

No, my lord.

• @ReMixx:

@Wingy:

The sheer amount of grinding bullshit you have to go through just to get a small stat bonus for some of your items and having to start over as a weak as hell character doesnt help either.

You seem to know a lot. You weren’t cheating on Chivalry were you??

That was long, long ago :)

• @Wingy:

That was long, long ago :)

We do not forgive you,

Only you everyone makes mistakes. 8-)

• @Siegbert:

@Oldschooler:

There was no competitor

Mount&Blade is still played by way more people than Chivalry.

And it still sucks.

• Its a cool game. Would play this more than WotR though.

• @Yoshiblue:

Its a cool game. Would play this more than WotR though.

Yeah, nothing against M&B! It has a great working combat mechanic (without the strange lag issues Chivalry uses to have).
    WotR however appears to do the same but fails.

• Napoleonic War is the superior MP game though.

• Hah! :D