Sick of Joining "full servers" and it's empty.

• All night, I’ve been joining 32/32 and 64/64 and I get in and it’s just me.

Less bad is joining a 32/32 and there’s about 10 folks in it. This shit needs fixed yesterday. I’ve never played a game with this kind of crap server selection. It’s always bad with this game, but tonight it’s just infuriating.

• They said they had fixed it but apparently it’s starting happening again. I don’t know if it’s lying server ops or a problem with the server browser but yes, it’s currently making finding servers a complete chore.

If you can’t even get to playing a game that’s probably the biggest problem you could have.

• Right click on the server in the browser and click “view info.” This will show you a list of players and their play time. Any player that has more time than about 2 hours is probably not actually connected to the server.

Because the list is sorted by this number, with longest play time at the top, it’s really easy to count how many slots are actually open.

This one trick saves you a lot of time and makes the bug almost a non-issue, at least for me. Spread the word if it helps.

• @Rognik:

Right click on the server in the browser and click “view info.” This will show you a list of players and their play time. Any player that has more time than about 2 hours is probably not actually connected to the server.

Sadly, that doesn’t always work. There was a server listing multiple people with 65-hour playtimes, but it still was telling me the server was at capacity. I also can’t direct-join from that screen; I have to cancel and join from the main server list. Stupid.

The best option (for me, right now) is to just join and pray some decent player numbers pop up on the team select screen when you connect. It makes me avoid trying out new servers since I can’t be sure anyone plays them, and that’s a bad thing for a community.