Most weapon kills not counting towards unlock

• Most of the populated servers i’ve played on recently are not counting the kills i’ve dealt. Anyone else having this problem? Is this a server side problem or a client side problem?

• As far as I know there is the option to start servers wheter “ranked” or “unranked” which should directly influence this, but I do not know if there is any way to filter ranked ones in the browser.

• I have a problem with NONE of the weapon kills counting towards unlocks. I have tried the tips given here:

• make sure to play on an official server (whatever that means, something with official in the name?)
    • make sure there are 8 or more players on the server
    • delete the Chivalry folder from Documents\My Games

None of them work. I’ve had the game for almost a month now and I’ve unlocked two polearms with the Vanguard class and maybe a random one for one of the other classes… Polearm unlocks have been stuck at 14 kills for 2½-3 weeks.

• Also, wait until the next round/map starts before leaving the server - and leave the server and exit the game cleanly.

• Yes, I did this as well. Whichever way, before this started happening, I was getting reports of unlocks between games, this doesn’t happen any more…

I just realized to check, and sure enough, my Documents\My Games\Chivalry folder was set to read-only… I set it back, we’ll see if this has any effect after I get off work today.

edit: OK, I had some time before work… Setting read only off on the folder didn’t have any effect. I suppose the next thing would be to uninstall and reinstall…

• Update: I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Unlocks still not progressing on 9 or 12 or 17 (or whatever) player games on official servers.

• @NoSkillsFIN:

Update: I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Unlocks still not progressing on 9 or 12 or 17 (or whatever) player games on official servers.

Are you launching the game through Steam or through the UDK.exe/desktop shortcut?

• @ReMixx:

Are you launching the game through Steam or through the UDK.exe/desktop shortcut?

Steam.

• Has there been any news on this problem. I bought the game upon release and never had this issue. Took a break due to school and just got back on it 2 days ago and I’m running into this issue. Very frustrating not being able to advance, am about to take a another break form the game, a more permanent one.

• Try validating your game files.

• So I noticed there have been some updates since I last played the game (1½ months ago or so) so I thought I’d check in to see if this problem had been solved. Nah, it hasn’t. I’ve only played on VAC enabled official servers with loads of people on. I see my rank going up, but still my weapon unlocks stay at exactly the same count.
    That’s now two and a half months I think that it’s stayed like that. With every solution suggested tried. I’d really like a developer to chime in and at least acknowledge there is an issue they’re aware of? Is there a complete FAQ somewhere with EVERY condition that has to be met before kills will count toward unlocks?

• Listen to that man and pwuueeease give us a short answer!

• Hi, just thought I’d bump this thread up since my weapons still aren’t unlocking. I’ve had the problem for around 6 months now and as stated before, I only play on official servers. Devs?

• Hi again, just to let you know that after a break of three months I had some fun with Chivalry again. Deleted the Chivalry folder from My Games as well just for the heck of it… no unlock progression. I did gain a RANK but weapon unlocks still not happening. Devs, this is certainly the longest time I’ve had to wait for an answer on an issue on any product.

• bump Guess I’ll just keep bumping 'til I finally get an answer.