SERVER BROWSER KILLS MY INTERNET!

• Ok… EVERY day, I have the same problem.

When I use the server browser, 50% of the time, it messes with my internet and I LOSE ALL INTERNET FOR 5 - 10 MINUTES!

When are you guys going to fix this? It has happened since the game came out. Its a problem with CHIVALRY and NOT my internet, Router, or any other Hardware.

Please please PLEASE do something about this…

Makes me want to stop playing this, beautiful, but POORLY MAINTAINED game.

• @Humblar_Tabulu:

I LOSE ALL INTERNET FOR 5 - 10 MINUTES!

How many internets do you have at the moment?

@Humblar_Tabulu:

POORLY MAINTAINED game.

Mate, this is an indie game. Just because there aren’t updates every five seconds doesn’t mean it’s poorly maintained. Of course there will be bugs and they will take time to fix. If you like this game you will wait it out, if not then go play Call of Duty.

• Are you sure it’s not your onboard ethernet or ethernet card? Can other devices access the internet when your computer loses connection (cell phone, tablet, console)? I had intermitten internet issues once while playing TF2, and it turned out to be my onboard LAN dying a slow, annoying death.

Also, need a better description of the issue. It’s very hard to troubleshoot bugs, glitches or hardware/software issues without a detailed description of what’s occurring.

• I suggest posting in the support forums with some detailed info if you’d like to attempt to get some help with this. Include your launch log and dxdiag.txt in your message, and we’ll try to help you out as much as possible.

Thanks.

• Dunno if it will do anything but you can try going to steam-> settings -> Downloads+cloud and try reduce Game server browser: max pings/minute.

• This happens on all three of the computers at my house, also on my friends computer when I play over there. Nothing to do with the computers… As for giving a more detailed description, I’m not as “PC savvy” as some of you on here, so I wouldn’t know what to look for. All I know is, at least half the time i try to refresh the browser, it disables the internet. Not just for chivalry, but my internet browser too. Not Ventrilo though for some reason. YES! I understand this is an “Indie game”, but It shouldn’t be… This game SHOULD be viral and for consoles too, IMO. Such a great game, even with its minor issues… Just frustrating half my time on chiv is spent trying to get it to work properly…

• Take the advice, and post this in the support forums, you will get more help there, if its to be helped. you may even get an answer from a ‘good Samaritan’ player, who has already fixed the problem on his end…

Check your ethernet card drivers, (hardware options on windows update possibly) and if those are up to date, go to the card manufacturer’s website, and check for other upgrade downloads. And dont assume because your friend is having similar issues, that this advice is automatically irrelevant.

Also i’m just guessing here, but since you and your friend obviously/probably live in a simular area, and your both having the same problem, it may be a problem related to broadband infrastructure in your area.

DO post in the support forums though; They are still optimizing this game, and bringing attention to this THERE, may result in them tweeking something eventually, that will fix this issue for you, and anyone else experiencing this. ;)

• @Humblar_Tabulu:

This happens on all three of the computers at my house, also on my friends computer when I play over there. Nothing to do with the computers… As for giving a more detailed description, I’m not as “PC savvy” as some of you on here, so I wouldn’t know what to look for. All I know is, at least half the time i try to refresh the browser, it disables the internet. Not just for chivalry, but my internet browser too. Not Ventrilo though for some reason. YES! I understand this is an “Indie game”, but It shouldn’t be… This game SHOULD be viral and for consoles too, IMO. Such a great game, even with its minor issues… Just frustrating half my time on chiv is spent trying to get it to work properly…

Have you even tried my suggestion?

You are a minority with this problem, chances are the problem is on your end (you or your ISP since your friend also has the problem).
    And it doesn’t disable the internet if ventrilo keeps working. Which only supports my suggestion that you internet connection doesn’t have the bandwidth to support the number of pings you have set in steam-> settings -> Downloads+cloud -> Game server browser: max pings/minute.

• Your router is flooded with server query packets. Make sure that its firmware is up to date. Also try the previous suggestion of max pings/minute.

• Thank you everyone who has replied to this. It is much appreciated. I will try out these suggestions.

• also check if your connection is not messed up:

Press start, than in Search Programs and files type in CMD.

Than: ping www.google.com

you should have no packet loss, if you do, than you might wanna contact your ISP seeing there is something on their side.

• Seems the problem has fixed itself? Lol. Hasn’t happened in maybe 3 or 4 days.

THANK YOU CHIVALRY GODS!

Time to play!

:fenc:

• @Humblar_Tabulu:

Seems the problem has fixed itself? Lol. Hasn’t happened in maybe 3 or 4 days.

THANK YOU CHIVALRY GODS!

Time to play!

:fenc:

Did you reboot your router/modem recently?

• Yes, I’ve rebooted and reset my mode and router MANY times… It still does it… Idk why… Its a problem with the game, I’m sure.

• Try to update the firmware of your modem, i had trouble for 2 months with exessive lag in few game, at last resort i updated the firmware of my router (netgear) and resolved the problem.

Only to break one month later :|