Feints

• Hello folks,

Feinting, a great way to break open your opponents defense.
    but, it is almost always a guaranteed hit, since for instance the stab feint is just impossible to block if you feint at the last moment (’‘swing’’ is almost instant)
    my suggestion: You should be able to feint only in the first half of your weapons wind-up.
    this makes feints with stabs POSSIBLE to block.
    also, it would force players to play smart with feints.
    normal attack, normal attack, feint!
    not just: you attack first? you feint? you win.

Thanks for your time.

• I’m pretty sure that already you can only feint in the first half of your attack…

• You can feint until the end of the windup. I think he means to make it so you can only feint at the halfway point of a weapons windup, which I would definitely support. As well as costing a bit more stamina, we’re getting to a somewhat balanced mechanic.

• This doesn’t fix the inherent imbalance of feints that makes them much stronger with fast weapons, it actually makes the problem worse.

• @UnknownXV:

You can feint until the end of the windup. I think he means to make it so you can only feint at the halfway point of a weapons windup, which I would definitely support. As well as costing a bit more stamina, we’re getting to a somewhat balanced mechanic.

That is exactly what I meant.

I don’t get why this would make the problem worse, it would be easier to intercept feints, and like i said, force you to use them when they are not expected. not just spam until he blocks.

• It makes the feint window for slow weapons laughably predictable, without effecting very fast weapons nearly as much. So it widens the gap between these weapons even further. It doesn’t make your perceived problem with feinting worse specifically, but it makes feinting’s effect on balance worse.

• So it solves feints being overpowered for one group of weapon, not all. Which means it’s a start, but not a perfect fix. I’ll take it, for now.

And even with this change, someone close enough barely has to hold the feint at all, especially if it’s an overhead and the enemy knows that they accelerate it.

• Feints for 2h are already laughably predictable as it is.

• My greatest concern are the stabs, since their attack is pretty much instant.
    but more and more players learn that they can accelerate their swings by mouse-dragging, which makes those attacks almost just as instant.

Personally I would like this over the spam fests you see on most duel servers.