3 annoying bugs. Any way to get around them?

• First off: Absolutely love this game and if anyone has any tips about these bugs it’d be really appreciated. These 3 are my biggest problem in the game atm:

1) If you attack at the same time you block it will make you attack after you lower your guard even if you dont hit an attack button. (You will still block like normal, you can keep your shield up if you want but as soon as you lower your shield, it’s like an attack is “queued”)

This bug alone, NO exaggeration, is easily the cause of like a third of my deaths. SUPER annoying and id love to hear if someone knows a way to fix this.

2) When you attack someone and you interrupt their swing but the animation still plays as if it did not. (It’s essentially a “ghost” swing, you still see him swinging but it goes right through you, you cant parry it and it does no damage.)

This is also super annoying for obvious reasons. Say i think the swing is real, i try and parry it, mid-swing he does his REAL swing cause the other one was not actually happening. Then you’re dead.
    3) When you attack someone with a one-hander like the broadsword for example. You hit and a immediately do a combo swing. (I mean a queued one now as soon as humanly possible. NOT just a swing followed by another swing. We are talking combo swing here. But he manages to hit you BETWEEN the combo swings with a two-hander like the bardiche. Even though you would think it should be impossible due to flinching.**

This is the one i have the least problem with because it seems to happen extremely rarely and i guess it can be caused by lag most of the times, maybe?

Btw, if anyone knows anything that can help or CAN TELL ME IF THE DEVELOPERS EVEN KNOW ABOUT THESE? i would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

• First issue, that’s obviously a problem with your own input. Press the right buttons and things should be alright.

Second issue, there’s no ghosts swings. It’s just that they missed way higher or way lower. Probably you play 1st person? Lack of perspective is what gets you.

Third issue, there is indeed a problem with hitting people and them not flinching. It was said to be fixed like 2 updates ago? You have also to consider that after the windup, when the weapon is in the damaging state, it will continue the swing even if he gets it.

• The 2nd issue does indeed happen. I have seen it personally.

Third issue is due to recovery times effecting flinch. Say you feint someone and he parries and you strike him, you more than likely struck him during his parry rcovery as planned, but doing this seems to allow him to attack immediatly since he suffered no flinch during recovery. Same seems to go for recovery of swings.

• #1 happens to me alot, although I’m sure it’s my own fault

#2 never seen ^^ Perhaps you lack the experience to tell the reach of each weapon in first person and it was just a simple miss?

@Anonymoose:

The 2nd issue does indeed happen. I have seen it personally.

Third issue is due to recovery times effecting flinch. Say you feint someone and he parries and you strike him, you more than likely struck him during his parry rcovery as planned, but doing this seems to allow him to attack immediatly since he suffered no flinch during recovery. Same seems to go for recovery of swings.

#3 they seriously should set flinch to apply notice ably (more than 0.2 secs) when hit in anything than release

• First off; thanks for any feedback i really appreciate it.

I get that you are sceptical about the “ghost swing” problem if you suspect i might be a newbie to the game. Because most people that are new whine out of frustration but it’s not valid complaints, they are learn to play issues. But just to make it clear: I am not a beginner. I have played this game over 100 hours and almost always top the scoreboard. I don’t want to sound arrogant but i just want to make it clear im no newbie who just started out.

And i can tell you it’s real. The “ghost swing” is NOT going over or under me. It can go straight through me… like there is no way it can miss. And it doesnt matter if people have really good or bad ping, it can happen to anyone.

Guess i should really fraps it or something and make a video of it.

About the “queue attack bug” or whatever you want to call it
    I get that it is avoidable to some extent… but when you are in a thick teamfight there is lots going on or it is a 2 vs you or something, this bug is certain death.

Yes it’s kinda avoidable but i can also recreate the bug 100%. But that is missing the point. The point is: why is it even in the game to begin with? Surely it can’t be intented to be that way. It has NO use.

(Sorry for wall of text, and by the way even if you dont have a fix or whatever please share if you have encountered the same problems i have. Would be nice to see that others also have noticed these bugs)

• Combo windups are pretty long - and you probably hit them near the start of your release, which means by the time your release is over and you start your combo windup, the flinch is likely already over. So it comes down to whether your weapon’s combo windup is shorter than their weapon’s idle windup. This is almost never the case. In your example, the bardiche has a .55 second windup, and the broadsword has a .6 second combo windup. So unless you hit them near the end of your first release, and the beginning of your combo release, you won’t flinch them twice.

So more often than not this isn’t a bug, but I think it’s a mechanic that needs looking at. Perhaps increasing flinch time to .3 or even .4 seconds.

• The ghost swing does indeed happen, and it happens a lot. I brought this up earlier in the no idle flinch thread. Sometimes they do swing, and sometimes it is a ghost, which makes it completely unpredictable. The ghost swing will happen and then suddenly their real swing happens. Not a feint. It immediately starts the new swing near the end of the ghost swing from the same side.

• For anyone saying the 'ghost swing; isn’t real, you’re wrong, my Zwei has gone straight through someones body (in third person) So I saw it.

• I’d like to mention that #3 is the most annoying problem with this game and occurs frequently.

I’ve been comboing a knight as an MAA and still have them interrupt my combo constantly despite my weapon being faster. This happens when I play knight or vanguard as well (though not as often with vanguard because of the reach advantage). Its almost like flinching doesn’t actually have an effect some times. I know that the devs indented combos to be blocked or dodged not swung through as often occurs so I’m going to assume that its a latency issue. However I think it can be overcome by improving the way flinches are registered and the client should have a little more say over when the flinch starts.

@Ex:

For anyone saying the 'ghost swing; isn’t real, you’re wrong, my Zwei has gone straight through someones body (in third person) So I saw it.

Ugh… the ghost swing only applies to other people in a game not yourself… You can’t do a ghost swing.

I can confirm that ghost swings happen and that they are a network artifact that can occur if you or the other person have slight lag or feign a lot.

• I would like to play Devil’s advocate here for a minute since I usually play MAA and would love flinching when hit to be more prevalent. I have died a lot while dueling knights because I’ll expect a flinch and will begin a windup only to find that they didn’t actually flinch. Anyway, Devil’s Advocate time:

What would happen if flinching were increased/more possible?

IMO, I believe we would see an increase in MAAs as fast weapons would dominate the battlefield. The butter knife would become the new best weapon in the game since you could just run in and spam a knight to death. Knights and Vanguards would reverse roles with the MAAs and archers, they would lag behind, wait for others to distract then run in swinging for massive dmg.

Maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration but while I agree flinching might need to be picked up a notch I don’t think it can be heavily tweaked without changing gameplay.

On the flip side I have yelled at my computer a lot more since I got this game because I anticipate a flinching opponent, attack, then my head is on the ground.